Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
If you're thinking 'scale', think bigger and don't stop there. At Walmart IDC, we don't just innovate, we enable transformations across stores and different channels for the Walmart experience. Take a regular day at Walmart and match that with 260 million customers a week, 11,695 stores, under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. That's Walmart IDC for you.
With last fiscal year revenue of ~$550 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. They drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. We're changing what customers can expect from the experience of shopping, from the physical stores, to mobile social and even online; we're not just ready for the future of shopping, we're creating it.
Marketing Intelligence (MINT) team at Walmart Labs, Bengaluru, owns the responsibility of delivering on promise ofEDLP(Every Day Low Prices) to our customers. It is focused on collecting competitive product information and generate actionable insights for pricing, assortment, marketing optimization purpose for stores and e-commerce business across geographies. Our systems are build on cutting edge open-source technologies.
There is a vibrant data science community at Walmart Labs which provides great learning and collaboration opportunities. Apart from the numerous internal events, there is active participation in external events. All the work we do at Walmart Labs will eventually benefit our operations & our associates, helping Customers Save Money to Live Better.
To fulfill the charter of MINT, there is need for top notch talent in the Sciences space. You would be working on challenging problems in NLP leveraging ML and DL and in optimization. All of the problems will require building solutions at Walmart scale. The best part of MINT is that your solutions/models will generate tangible and immediate business impact.
As a Staff Data Scientist for Walmart Labs, you'll be required to shape and deliver on the MINT sciences charter.
- Working together with a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers to develop, implement, and test scalable solutions for marketing intelligence domain.
- Consult with business stakeholders across stores and ecommerce businesses regarding algorithm-based recommendations and be a thought-leader to develop these into business actions.
- Mentor junior members and handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Manage the continuous improvement of data science and machine learning led initiatives by following industry best practices and staying up-to-date with and extending the state-of-the-art in data science research.
- Excellent academic or industrial track record of proposing, conducting and reporting results of original research, plus collaborative research with publications
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a technically strong and high performing individual with excellent communication skills, proven analytical skills and strong customer focus. You stay updated with latest research and technology ideas, and have a passion to utilize innovative ways to solve problems. You are a good story-teller and able to simply articulate the intricacies of your models as well as explain your results clearly to stakeholders.
- Bachelor's with > 12+ years of relevant experience OR Masters with > 10+ years of relevant experience OR PhD in Computer Science with > 5+ years of relevant experience.
Your Core Skills
- Sound knowledge of advanced machine learning and deep learning concepts
- Expert in ML (decision trees, random forests, boosting, etc.) and
- Proficiency in DL (CNNs, RNNs, attention mechanisms, etc.)
- Extensive experience building and deploying state of the art models in the field of NLP (NER, embeddings, language models, etc.)
- Strong foundational knowledge in math, statistics and calculus
- Sound knowledge of managing data for experiments (sampling, labelling, EDA, etc.)
- Experience working with large data sets in big data environments (preferably Hadoop based)
- Working proficiency in Python, SQL and Linux/UNIX environments
- Exposure in mentoring data scientists on approach and results.
- Knowledge of experimental design and A/B testing
- Prior work in any of the following areas: computer vision, mathematical optimization, reinforcement learning (multi armed bandits).
- Experience in retail domain
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face.That'swhat we do at Walmart Global Tech.We'rea team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app,serviceor some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success.We'llcollaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related field
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.