Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men
What you'll do...
Are you a hardcore numbers person who would enjoy solving some of business' toughest challenges by illuminating phenomena and opportunity held within one of the world's largest data sets? As a Data Scientist at Walmart, the mammoth scale and volume of our global data is virtually limitless. You will create insights that influence how we make decisions that have impact at an unprecedented scale.
The Marketing Decision Science team focuses on developing data-driven models and services to bringing high-quality demand from offsite digital sites to Walmart E-Commerce sites at low cost in order to sustain and accelerate the growth of Walmart E-Commerce and ultimately cultivate a large loyal base of omni-channel customers who view Wal-Mart as their top choice of retail shopping.
We are a highly motivated group of Big Data Geeks, Machine Learning Scientists, and Applications Engineers, working in a small agile group to solve sophisticated and high-impact problems. We are building smart data systems that ingest, model, and analyze massive flow of data from online and offline user activity. We use cutting-edge machine learning, data mining, and optimization algorithms on marketing campaign optimization.
You'll make an impact by:
• Process complicated and large-scale datasets using distributed computing platform, extract insights from data, predict future trends, and optimize business metrics.
• Build advanced machine learning and statistical models with various applications in SEM (search engine marketing), including ads performance prediction, bidding optimization, budget management, audience targeting, and measurement.
• Run large-scale statistical A/B testing to evaluate the performance of machine learning and statistical models in SEM applications which drives millions of clicks to Walmart eCommerce per day.
• Build compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards for monitoring and sharing business insights internally and externally.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
• You're an inquisitive, out-of-the box thinker who's continually on the lookout for opportunities to improve and innovate data science solutions
• You have consistently high standards, your passion for quality is inherent in everything that you do
• You have the courage to fail fast
• You have proven ability as a full stack data scientist who develops, optimizes, and scales models for the production environment
• You connect the how and why, using your knowledge of data science theories and methodologies to derive the best approach that is fit-for-purpose
• Master degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Optimization or related field plus 4 years' experience in an machine learning related field.
• Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, and analyzing large volumes of data using distributed computing platform (Python, R, SQL, Spark, Hive etc.).
• Experienced with traditional as well as modern machine learning/statistical techniques, including A/B testing, Causal Inference, Regression, Classification, Ensemble Methods, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Reinforcement Learning.
• Experienced with end-to-end modeling projects emerging from research efforts.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Optimization or related field plus 2 years' experience in a machine learning related field.
• 2+ years of experience mentoring junior data scientists.
• Industrial experience in search engine marketing, computational advertisement, recommendation systems, eCommerce or relevant areas.
• Proficient in at least one programming language (Java/Python/Scala etc.) and experience in productionizing industry-scale machine learning models
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists, and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shopping and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related field
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America
Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men