Data Source Identification: Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.Problem Formulation: Translates business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions. Identifies what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem. Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstrate how the method would solve the business problem.Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, interprets, and applies the principles of the defined strategy to unique, moderately complex business problems that may span one or main functions or domains.Master Data and Metadata Management: Understands business domain master integration and meta data requirements. Implements master data management solutions and manage metadata environment. Manages and maintains metadata standards and data rules. Manages and maintains "golden" records. Leads changes and revisions to master data, metadata, and data hierarchies and affiliations within given guidelines. Implements integration of new data sources and metadata. Replicates and distributes master data. Distributes and delivers metadata. Queries, reports, and analyzes metadata. Educates others on master data and metadata management processes, practices, policies, and guidelines.Data Quality Management: Develops and evangelizes data quality awareness. Determines data quality strategy, metrics, and business rules for a business domain to ensure that data is fit for purpose. Sets and evaluates business domain data quality service level strategy. Designs and implements operational Data Quality Management (DQM) procedures. Monitors operational DQM procedures and performance. Leads data quality initiatives to deliver increased business performance and effectiveness. Determines user accessibility and removes or restricts user access as needed. Provides recommendations to leadership on needed updates or inputs into data governance policies, practices, and guidelines.Applied Business Acumen: Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develops business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings. Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy. Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Recommends new processes and ways of working.Data Governance: Establishes, modifies, and documents data governance strategies and initiatives. Provides guidance to business stakeholders, peers, and junior associates on the implementation of data governance practices. Helps business leaders understand and interpret company and regulatory policies around data. Determines data governance processes, practices, policies, and guidelines. Drives the successful adoption of organizational data utilization. Educates others on roles and accountability for data management. Actively participates in external communities to grow and develop deeper understanding of political and regulatory changes that may happen from a data perspective.Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost- effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field and 4 years' experience in data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field. Option 2: 6 years’ experience in data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field and 2 years' experience in in data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field.
Data Management certification (for example, Certified Data Management Professional), Driving taxonomy development and application particularly with large and complex sets of information, Industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), Master's degree in Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America