Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
About the Team
Walmart Enterprise Omni-Inventory (EOI) platform powers the customer facing inventory engine. EOI builds and operates software that aggregates inventory from the global network of fulfillment centers, stores, marketplace sellers and ensure that customers get what they want when promised. Our inventory management system is the authoritative source of information for billions of inventory units and system tracks the state of all items and their location and shares the availability to upstream systems, to make the items sellable on the Walmart website. Based on a customer order, the system will reserve specific items and track them through various stages of order fulfillment, until the customer order is fulfilled. This system also monitors for discrepancies between virtual and physical states to measure the quality of our data and decisions. Our role in Walmart is high-impact, high-exposure and fundamentally important to Walmart's continued success.
If you are looking for a role that will be both challenging and rewarding, then continue reading to see if this position grabs your interests. The Staff Product manager role will work cross-functionally with our teams and help us in our missions to improve inventory accuracy, optimize availability and innovate new ideas and concepts into our inventory platform. We are looking for a product individual who can dig into data, gather insights, and leverages data to make decision. This individual should also strong interest or background in Machine Learning and experimentation.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You're a storyteller, a visionary, and a product manager at heart
- You know Product Management inside and out
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You have a background in Machine Learning
- You're excited about solving complex challenges
- You're customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You thrive on both leveraging and leading the way
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team's products
- You're a master at making complex subjects easily understood
- You have high standards and can hold project contributors accountable
You'll make an impact by:
- Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and ensure item domain analytical platform enables our merchants to execute efficiently.
- Conducting industry and competitive analysis to understand new technology offerings and tradeoffs.
- Partnering with our merchandising and supply chain teams to build a scalable platform that drives cross domain leverage.
- Developing and enhancing products you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners to build roadmaps and work closely with engineering to strike a balance between features and tech debt.
- Providing overall direction for the product and manage the TCO end-to-end.
- Be hands-on in analyzing data sets and recommending solutions to stakeholders on how best to leverage the platform.
- Bachelor's degree required/MBA a huge plus!
- 8+ years in product management, emerging technologies, data analytics, and reporting.
- Experience in Identifying key metrics, conducting rigorous explorative data analysis, and in building business cases that drive decision making and business prioritization
- Data driven mindset with a degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 4 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 1 years' product management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.