Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Staff Software Engineer
Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent
documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions;
implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
Troubleshoots business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause);
engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the
results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Web
Operations, project management, business and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and
implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading internal technical teams; partnering with cross-functional teams across the
business; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines;
communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams
through informed discussions.
Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into
technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing
code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross
functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and
hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example,
business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional
Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; bench marking industry against internal
processes and solutions; researching or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs; and defining software development guidelines,
standards and processes.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business
plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring
progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work
environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching
for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to
others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business
partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness;
and participating in and supporting community outreach events
We are currently seeking an expert in Blue Yonder (Formerly JDA) WMS Developer Tech Lead with 12+ years of experience in development, implementation, configuration, full understandings of workflows, and making modifications to the Blue Yonder WMS Software. Ideally, we would prefer someone with work experience in 2017 and later versions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, development, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of the Supply Chain Applications especially with Blue Yonder warehouse management system.
- Development of MOCA/SQL commands.
- Creation of Pages for end user use.
- Creation of reports using Jasper.
- Program, implement, and test a collection of new modifications and standard functionalities.
- Debug and resolve a variety of issues (performance and bugs) by reading through trace files.
- Creation of technical documents during the development cycle.
- Develop utilities, procedures, and documentation upon customer requirements
- Maintain application release control (version control)
- Application installation and upgrade, including third party integration and configuration
- Work with varying software development and deployment packages.
- The ability to mentor and train others.
- Prior experience working with other teams including technical, vendors, and business teams.
- Basic Unix (Linux) experience.
- Basic understanding of EMS, WLM, and other Blue Yonder (Formerly JDA) software packages.
- The ability to distribute work to a team of developers and coordinate the completion of the work through Jira and be responsible for work items as well.
- Perform and lead code reviews.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- 12+ years of working with Blue Yonder (Formerly JDA) WMS version 2018 or later
- Expert in MOCA command creation.
- Good understanding of API's and Event Notifications.
- Java and SQL coding experience.
- Basic Unix (Linux) experience.
- Extensive knowledge in Blue Yonder (Formerly JDA) WMS Applications or other WMS applications.
- Able to work effectively with a team of developers and verify work created by the team including code reviews.
- Integrator experience is a must.
- Proven experience in life cycle application development with the ability to generate application development
- Strong problem-solving skills, fast learner, able to work under pressure.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a multitasking environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to mentor and train more junior team members.
- Work with other groups to support user acceptance testing efforts.
- Escalate Product issues to Blue Yonder when encountered and can't be resolved by the team.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.