Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
It's an exciting time to join our Walmart journey. We are seeking a Staff Engineer (mainly backend, full stack preferred) for a key position in Walmart's ecommerce platform initiatives. This is the Platform Team that provides platform for the entire Walmart ecommerce and other Walmart pillars.
We are on the cutting edge of technology and the teams continues to push the technology boundaries to grow.
- 7+ Years Hands-on Node.js and React Native programming, Automation Scripting, End-To-End Testing experience in Node.js, REST API, ReactJS building highly scalable back-end e-commerce applications
- Excellent communication skills/Dedicated/Motivated/Able to navigate huge cross functional E2E engineering teams
- 7+ years of hands-on very strong experience developing/automating highly distributed, complex APIs, automation, eCommerce websites and/or mobile apps and test automation
- 10+ years of experience building scalable e-commerce applications or mobile software
- Proficiency in writing scalable modern java script-based backend & web applications
- Strong fundamentals in OO, Functional js, client-side MVC and CSS per-processing frameworks
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (Jenkins, others), Source Control (Git), API Testing, Development/IDS, Relational/NO SQL DB
- Bachelors/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- You are proficient in architecture and system design
- You have a complete understanding of how the eCommerce Site works, from the item setup to the Order fulfillment
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You have strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and planning skills
- You have lead a team of engineers and have worked on daily basis on evaluating their work and providing them guidance on coding standards and best practices
What you'll do
Be responsible for various key product development including but not limited to Microservice platform, Service Mesh, Configuration Management System, GraphQL etc.
Own the module and product level
- Provide Operational Support and Customer Support
- Lead and participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions, gather requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames), write and develop code; conduct unit testing; communicate status and issues to team members and stakeholders, collaborate with project team and cross functional teams, troubleshoot open issues and bug-fixes, enhance design to prevent re-occurrences of defects, ensure on-time delivery and hand-offs, interact with project managers to provide input on project plan and provide leadership to the project team
- Lead the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers for assigned engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, examples and identify short- and long- term solutions and timelines
- Review and approve proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns and perform design and code reviews of changes
- Troubleshoot business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause), engage support teams to assist in the resolution of issues, formulate an action plan directing actions as designated in the plan, interpreting the results to determine further action
- Perform root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues and completing online documentation
- Support business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities, addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives), identifying short and long-term solutions and lead cross-functional partnership
- Lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Web Operations, project management, business and user experience teams obtain cross-function approvals drive proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas
- Develop Innovation strategies, processes and best practices by leading internal technical teams, partnering with cross-functional teams across the business develop assessments of key opportunities, documenting project scopes, developing long-range plans and project timelines, communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization
What you'll bring
Skills that you would need to join the team:
- Strong Backend Development experience
- Java, C++, Golang, Rust, Scala, ReactJS, Node.js experience
- Thorough DB experience including Relational Databases, NoSQL, Document DB etc.
- Enterprise scale application development experience with high availabilities
Skills that would make you stand out:
- Microservices stack including Service Registration System, Service Mesh Pattern
- Actively participated in open source community such as Envoy, Istio etc.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Configuration Management System experience
- Functional programming or Reactive programming
- Frontend development experience
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.