Ensures project manager development and continued successful performance by providing mentoring; monitoring program and individual project progress; providing periodic project status reports and executive summaries to stakeholders and management; developing new project managers to ensure skills are aligned with established Project Management Organization (PMO) standards; and providing mentorship and guidance to peers and management on methodology and practice.
Develops project management practices by adhering to the principles of the Walmart Global eCommerce (GEC) project management methodologies (for example, Agile); promoting the principles and business value of project methodologies throughout the organization; leading and contributing to the development and improvement of the Global eCommerce project methodologies; and communicating needed changes and participating in established feedback channels.
Manages multiple highly complex projects (for example, system integrations) or a large complex Global eCommerce program by driving projects through the lifecycle phases to successful completion as defined in project's charter; serving as the project lead (for example, scrum master) for multiple projects; developing and maintaining a project schedule to track milestones; developing and executing plans for managing risk; escalating project-related issues to management in accordance with project guidelines and requirements; managing project change control processes; coordinating production issue resolution; interpreting data to help guide teams towards issue resolution and risk management; making recommendations regarding solutions to problems or issues; and presenting project status updates to senior leadership and key stakeholders.
Leads the development of eCommerce projects and programs by collaborating with subject matter experts to develop project scope; forecasting projected expenses; developing and managing project or program budget; establishing metrics to ensure adherence to established expectations; developing capital and resource plans; developing project timelines and deliverables; ensuring successful delivery; and providing feedback regarding project success.
Manages geographically distributed teams, off-shore development teams and third-party vendors (for example, software vendors, hardware vendors, photo vendors, content providers) by coordinating internal and vendor schedules and priorities; integrating teams and vendors into project strategy; communicating project status; evaluating system capabilities and ensuring sustainable functionality; ensuring delivery of proper functionality; and managing communications from vendors to internal stakeholders.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program management experience OR 9 years' technical program management experience.
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America