Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
As part of the Chief Data Officer organization, this role will be a crucial enabler of our data journey to be the world's leading data-driven retailer. This leader will manage strategic initiatives to accelerate enterprise-wide data maturity. You will also deliver an adoption roadmap for priority initiatives.
Fundamental interactions will exist with our business, technology, global data and HR teams to ensure alignment on the process, approach and talent needed to deliver highly optimized solutions and services to deliver our enterprise Data Maturity.
About the Enterprise Data Maturity Acceleration Team:
The Enterprise Data Maturity Acceleration Team focuses on the fundamentals of Enterprise Data Maturityempower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. Our journey to Data Maturity requires Walmart to elevate the level of active leadership, move at a faster pace, include employees in decision-making, and ingrain new behaviors. For the Global Data Organization, this team will establish and lead our data culture and ecosystem challenged to deliver Data Maturity Model (DMM) innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. As a leader within the broader Global Data Organization, you'll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to play a role in Walmart's data-driven transformation.
- Accelerate enterprise-wide data maturity; monitor maturity through composite metrics sourced from GDO function teams.
- Define and execute plans for data maturity initiative.; partner with GDO functional teams and SME's to ensure acceptance of priority initiatives.
- Manage sprint planning and program reporting
- Develop and iteratively refine Walmart's overall Data and Analytics Maturity model and playbook.
- Drive Walmart's approach to evaluating each domains data maturity, effectiveness and ability to execute the D&A operating model with accelerating innovation and priority initiatives workstreams.
- Leverage knowledge of DMM Acceleration and development best practices in a highly interconnected and iterative environment, applying recommendations and execution roadmap development to drive efficiency and transparency for priority initiatives.
- Develop and drive clear, iterative roadmaps in a highly matrixed environment across the overall enterprise and data value chains.
- Develop a view of ROI/Business value created considering resource and expenses against business value created.
- Demonstrate a passion for details with the ability to ideate and problem solve actively with business leaders, product, science, and engineering stakeholders
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce that functions as a center of excellence in the clarity of business needs and corporate alignment and communication to all levels of the organization.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door policy.
Who you are:
- You think and act strategically; you create strategies for own organization that align with the company's strategies and lead to the achievement of business priorities
- You make sound judgments by using objective financial and business analyses to evaluate the returns and risks of business choices
- You promote a customer/member-focused environment. You combine experience, insight, and data to determine how to best exceed customer/member needs.
- You optimize execution and results, by using the advantage of company size, internal and external resources, and talent to achieve success.
- You have a healthy balance of business and technical acumen and can apply these in real-world activities
- You inspire commitment by developing and communicating logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned
- You build and sustain trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational, and geographical boundaries to achieve goals
- Minimum of 4-8 years of total work experience in a combination of technology development, program management, business analysis or strategy
- Experience in change management consulting or organizational transformation.
- Minimum of 5 years of team leadership experience and cross-functional influence
- Capable of managing numerous stakeholders, anticipating their needs, and gaining alignment for strategies from executive level stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on goals while exhibiting personal integrity and a focus on the customer
- Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen
- Skilled in understanding the impact of a change, and planning effective interventions
- Understands, describes and navigates existing work and makes recommendations with a clear sense of organizational impact
- Additionally, the appetite to work with the teams to dig into data, processes, issues, to identify the root-cause problems and remedies is a very desirable strength.
- Good working knowledge of the value of delivering insights through data and analytics.
- Detail oriented leader with an ability to work, develop, and think at a strategic level.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program management experience OR 9 years' technical program management experience.
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.