About the Role:
Success in interactive commerce requires a content engine to enable contextual intelligence: understand customer intent, understand store offerings and provide the best match of both. The Contextual Intelligence engineering team will leverage advanced artificial intelligence (AI) and Machine learning (ML) holistically to support our ultimate goal: a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience through Augmented Reality (AR). Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
You’ll love this job if you:
● Think of the user first and delight them in new and exciting ways
● Have solid technical chops and use them to drive measurable impact to the customer and business
● Can work autonomously and know how to work in a high-performing autonomous team
● Think out of the box and make things happen
● Thrive in loosely structured environments and help create right-fit structure as we grow
● Consistently deliver and let nothing get in your way
● Are flexible to the changing demands of a fast-paced startup environment
● Work cross-functionally with other departments and other engineering teams to craft transparency and consensus in what you build
What you’ll do:
● Design and build Store No. 8's Content Engine / Contextual Intelligence
● Productionize machine Learning models of cloud services and open source projects, including but not limited to the areas of Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Translation (MT), Speech Recognition, Image Recognition, Computer Vision (CV) and Information Retrieval (IR)
● Build SN.8's operational tooling platforms and internal tooling of simulation, experimentation and data management
● Boldly innovate without losing sight of our mission
● Collaborate directly with Product Managers, UX Designers, and other Engineering teams
● Help build a great engineering culture that consistently delivers value to our users and business
What you should have:
● BS / MS in Computer Science or related experience
● Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java and Python
● Strong computer systems experience
● Experience with web service frameworks and UI components frameworks
● Experience with cloud computing
● Experience with linear algebra, calculus, and statistics
What We Offer:
● A fast paced startup environment with unlimited potential for growth
● Unlimited PTO - We believe in work-life balance and want you to take the time you need.
● Generous Medical, Dental and Vision packages to choose from
● 401K and Stock Options
● Career Development programs
● Monthly social events and team outings
● And so much more..
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
2628 NE UNIVERSITY VILLAGE ST, SEATTLE, WA 98105-5023, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.