Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
CSIS (CoreServices: Itemand Supply Chain Tech)
The CSIS team builds products to enhance the experience for millions of customers and associates. You'll leverage the best and latest tools to work remotely with teams who develop experiences that have changed the industry. We need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative to craft the best-n-class solutions for our Supply Chain. Innovating on the world's biggest stage, you'll get to deliver customer-centric solutions for our Distribution Networks and Transportation Fleet and Operations networks and every step in between. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As a Lead Designer, you will own the execution of the user experience design and lead a team that will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers and associates. To do this, you'll need to think bigger in systems, platform, and process flows, using techniques like storyboards and sketching to communicate design concepts. You'll use your deep knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other team members, to iterate multiple solutions and deliver pixel-perfect designs. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Sr. Product Designer at Walmart could be the role you've been looking for.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you can....
- You are passionate about building world class customer experiences
- You understand how developers think and build compelling experiences for the developer community
- You're excited about solving complex challenges
- You're customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You have a test-and-learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team's products
You'll make an impact by:
- Executing User Experience strategy and innovation by evaluating the current competitive landscape for compelling experiences for developer communities; and presenting information within and across the organization to gain strategic alignment and encourage change.
Creating the user experience designs (including user interface design comps, visual design specs, prototypes,wireframes) for our next generation portal for developers
Leading initiative-levelprojectsby leading project design definition activities; driving creation of designs and specs; presenting designs to project and business teams for review; and working with Engineering leads to determine the effectiveness of solutions.
Structuring and delivering user experience design consistency across software design efforts in collaboration with Engineering Architects by formulating project needs and measures of success
- Leading cross-functional team projects by establishing and communicating project needs and measures of success, directing cross-functional collaboration activities.
- Driving continuous improvement of User Experience tools, documentation, and process by maintaining holistic viewpoint when tackling project decisions across the portfolio
- Strategizing & conducting usability testing, user research, and competitive analysis
- Implementing business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models' compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- An outstanding design portfolio that demonstrates masterful use of systems thinking, UX process flows, composition, page layout, typography, iconography and color theory to design products and services with immediate visual design appeal (include a link or an attachment with your application)
- 2-3 years' experience delivering logical and engaging interfaces for Android and responsive web
- Experience building efficient scalable systems in enterprise applications, SaaS, or a related field
- Expertise with industry tools such as Sketch, Figma, inVision and Zeplin to develop and communicate experiences
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Excellent communication
- Experience workingwithDesign Systems
- Experience working within brand guidelines
About The Team
As a member of the Item and Inventory group, you'll be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing user experiences required for special business requirements. You will work with product and operations managers and engineers to brainstorm solutions of a wide variety of job functions. You will be a design stakeholder for your area, but at the same time work closely with other designers trying to solve similar problems. As a member of the team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where user experience can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ designers, engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Bachelor Degree and 4 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 3 years design experience OR 6 years design experience.
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.