Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Director Product Development and Sourcing Apparel at Sam's Club
At Sam's Club, we help people save money so they can live better.This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability and everything in between.
As a Senior Director in Private Brands, you will lead a team of product development and sourcing managers that work cross-functionally across the merchandising organization to develop a cohesive customer strategy. You will manage key performance metrics that drive profitable growth, develop robust partnerships with suppliers, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience through compelling assortments. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit. You'll use your executive presence to work with suppliers at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
You'll make an impact by performing the following responsibilities:
- Provides overall direction for team by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Leads the implementation of large, cross-functional and cross-organizational Private Brands initiatives that impact operational efficiency and customer experience. Communicates strategic initiatives by influencing and collaborating with cross functional teams; gathering knowledge from relevant sources; analyzing the potential return on investment; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; and providing updates and progress reports to senior leaders.
- Oversees the development of product specifications and supplier alignment through the product lifecycle to ensure customer needs are met through new item development.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to determine product needs, conducting industry benchmarking, resolve issues, and ensure alignment.
- Develops financial and cost reduction strategies and drives financial performance for a high-complexity portfolio by developing performance metrics based on overall strategic direction; directing the analysis of costs and business impact; identifying leverage opportunities to drive cost savings; providing guidance and innovative solutions to leadership on initiatives to minimize cost and maximize sales growth; ensuring category direction supports goals and will grow sales according to plan; reviewing sales and directing changes as necessary; negotiating with suppliers to ensure sustainable solutions for the future and drive down costs; and communicating updates and changes to senior leadership.
- Manages department objectives and activities related to product strategies by overseeing research to gain insight into current and future customer needs; reviewing data to determine impact to the business; streamlining processes for product development and delivery; aggregating research information to provide business intelligence; benchmarking within the industry to identify trends and opportunities to grow profit and sales; and communicating protocols to United States teams and offshore sourcing teams and making recommendations to senior leaders on new or enhanced product offerings.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Technology, or related field and 4 years experience in project management OR 6
years experience in project management, process engineering, or related field.
Five years experience leading cross functional teams.
Leading Walmart project teams to solve problems in Engineering, Information Systems, Supply Chain, Merchandising or Sourcing. Job Description Director, Product Development and Sourcing Published On, Managing multiple projects in a matrix organization, Retail, Imports or SourcingMasters: International Business
2300 SE S ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0001, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.