Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Director Product Development and Sourcing Frozen Food
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability and everything in between.
What you'll do
As aSeniorDirector in Private Brands, you will lead a team of product development and sourcing managers that work across the merchandising organization to develop a cohesive customer strategy. You will manage essential performance metrics that promote profitable growth, develop robust partnerships with suppliers, and use vision and creativity to improve the customer experience through compelling assortments. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business and how to better serve the customer. Your success requires leadership presence, strong communication skills and ability to manage strategic plans. You'll use your skillset to work with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels and navigate and solve complex challenges.
You'll make an impact by performing the following responsibilities:
- Provide direction for team by analyzing our goals and customer needs; communicate, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyze costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determine and support resource requirements; evaluate operational processes; identify and maximize improvement opportunities; promote a customer environment; and adapt and sponsor continuous learning.
- Lead the implementation of large, cross-organizational Private Brands projects that impact operational efficiency and customer experience. Communicate strategic plans by working with teams; gather knowledge from relevant sources; analyze the potential return on investment; develop assessments of essential opportunities; document project scopes; develop long-range plans and project timelines; and provide updates and progress reports to senior leaders.
- Oversee the development of product specifications and supplier agreement through the product lifecycle to ensure customer needs are met through new item development.
- Work with all partners to determine product needs, conducting industry benchmarking, resolve issues, and ensure alignment on strategies/solutions.understanding. Develop financial and cost reduction strategies and promote financial performance for a high-complexity portfolio by developing performance metrics based on overall strategic direction; direct the analysis of costs and affect; identify use opportunities to promote cost savings; provide guidance and creative solutions to leadership on plans to minimize cost and maximize sales growth; ensure category direction supports goals and will grow sales according to plan; review sales and direct changes; negotiate with suppliers to ensure sustainable solutions for the future and reduce costs; and communicate updates to senior leadership.
- Manage department goals and activities related to product strategies by overseeing research to gain insight into our customer needs; review data to determine impact to the business; refine processes for product delivery; aggregate research information to provide business intelligence; benchmark within the industry to identify trends and opportunities to grow profit and sales; and communicate protocols to United States teams and offshore sourcing teams and making recommendations to senior leaders on enhanced product offerings.Develop strategies to attract an accomplished and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruit, select, and develop talent; support mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and apply the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivate an environment where associates follow company standards of ethics by integrating these values into all practices; develop consequences for violations or non-compliance; and support the Open Door Policy.
- Develop our partnerships and networks to maximize goals by sponsoring and leading essential community outreach and involvement programs; engage partners in the development of appropriate plans ; and support associate efforts in these areas.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. You'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field and 5 years' experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or
related area OR 7 years' experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area.
1 year's supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Application development experience with emphasis on VBA and SQL programming languages, Creative design software, Cross-functional project management, Financial modeling, Manufacturing, product development, or packaging, Microsoft OfficeMasters: Arts, Masters: Business, Masters: ScienceProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainabilityand everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industriesall while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.