About the Team
People Product and Technology enables the strategy and goals of the People division. Our vision - Reimagine digital people experiences, elevate associate capabilities, foster inclusion, enable talent growth, and equip leaders with critical insights. We are committed to realizing this future with leading-edge technology: artificial intelligence, experience, and data. With humanity inspired, user-centric approach to problem solving, candidates and associates are at the heart of everything we build to shape the digital people experience of over 2 million Walmart associates.
What you’ll do and how you will make an impact
As the Chief of Staff, Director of Operational Excellence you will partner with the VP, People Product and Engineering to develop and execute strategies that most accelerate our People digital transformation agenda.
· Lead and own workstreams across the People Product and Technology leadership team as necessary
· Organize and facilitate weekly, monthly, and quarterly leadership meeting agendas and content (e.g., directs team, extended leaders, quarterly off-sites)
· Organize and execute regular business reviews to deep dive on special topics
· Identifying ways to boost morale and reduce attrition, constantly pushing our culture to be the most dynamic, innovative and fun place to be at, through initiatives like offsites, team surveys, org design principles, and more.
· Liaise with finance, HR and many other teams to identify appropriate narratives, acceleration strategies alignment opportunities and more
· Manage all prep and executive presentations for the VP, Product and Engineering, including pre-meeting documents, briefings, points of view, etc.
· Lead special projects for the function, which will depend on business need, interest, an aptitude
· Lead digital change to accelerate operational excellence and portfolio outcomes.
You will have specific responsibilities for accelerating the following digital operational excellence goals and objectives for the organization in collaborative partnership with the engineering leaders:
· Establish and track operational excellence goals and objectives.
· Ensure operational integrity through enhanced controls and engineering discipline.
· Adopt engineering productivity metrics and use as a key part of our maturity journey.
· Establish a cross center architecture council to engage w/ designs of key initiatives.
· Continue focus on cloud discipline / efficiency / resilience & make standard WoW.
· Continue focus on security vulnerability management & make standard WoW.
As Chief of Staff, Director of Operational Excellence you will build a framework for Operational Excellence practices and accelerate progress on the organization operational excellence goals by:
· Understand and stay informed on the breadth of the projects within People Product & Tech purview and latest technical trends external to the company.
· Partner with the VP & the technical leadership in providing technology vision and direction for the People space
· Develop an Operational excellence roadmap & maturity model for People Product & Tech
· Be an advisor and thought partner to the VP of People Product & Tech on Operational excellence
· Understand and stay informed on the breadth of the projects within People Product & Tech purview and latest technical trends external to the company
· Establishes and implements Operational excellence continuous-improvement programs including digital change journey to accelerate portfolio outcomes.
· Understand problems, analyze, and find a solution, bringing in the appropriate teams and leaders as needed
· Set and track technical OKRs, managing headcount and budget, monitoring key metrics, and raising flags when things are going off track
· Oversee and accelerate technical OKRs to ensure deadlines are set and being achieved
· Utilize technology platforms such as: Jira, Team Rosters, Team Roadmaps, ServiceNow, Fieldglass, and Confluence to evaluate operational status
· Ensure lean principals and continuous improvement are part of each area’s operations plan
· Continuously improving the effectiveness and cohesiveness of the domain, ensuring alignment across functions and delivery against strategic and operational objectives.
As Chief of Staff, Director of Operational Excellence you will build an operational rhythm and cadence to maximize the efficiency of the VP and his leadership team. Operational activities you will lead and support:
· Build collaborative relationships with key partners within and across the organization by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership.
· Manage the operating structures for the team including Leadership Team (LT) meetings.
· Lead monthly technical operational reviews that lead change at the team levels through tactical objectives and aligned action plans
· Look left to right across the organization to draw out insights, drive efficiencies and solutions to business problems to ensure the team is setup to meet business goals.
· Oversee the digital change mission and vision and ensure alignment with broader portfolio goals and outcomes.
· Business Planning: Manage team participation as needed in strategic business planning activities, offsites, LT meetings and agenda, including follow through, action tracking, and related communications. Participate as a valued LT member who can offer synthesized business perspectives relevant to influencing key strategic decisions.
· Communications: Plan and manage team meetings including All Hands, staff meetings, etc. Maintain communication vehicles to ensure leadership messages are communicated to the field and field feedback is provided to the LT.
· Special Projects: Drive high-impact cross-team projects as needed to meet the changing business environment and ensure the team is achieving commitments. Successful project management, including work with internal SMEs, and sometimes external agencies, on strategic efforts that require hands-on experience across multiple functional disciplines and business organizations.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
· You have a technical background and like digging into data, doing analysis, and utilizing data to inform strategy and action
· You’re excited about solving complex challenges
· You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
· You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
· You have a test-and-learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products
· You are a disrupter without being destructive
· You are a skilled active listener, excel at summarizing information, and identifying key take-aways and areas of focus
· You’re a natural project manager, you are organized, plan, follow-through, and communicate
· You are passionate about fostering healthy communication, inspired leadership, effective management and outstanding teamwork
What you'll bring:
· BA/BS in a related field (e.g Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent practical experience.
· Outstanding executive-level verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to grasp deep technical concepts and capable of speaking the language of Engineers
· 2+ years of experience working within Engineering leadership and making strategic contributions to a scaling organization
· 2+ years of experience leading software engineering teams
· Strong project management experience and skills - organized and disciplined, attentive to detail, follows up to ensure the right results
· Strong experience in writing, to include creating content and communication materials, with experience putting
together blogs, newsletters, presentations/slides, etc.
· Ability to provide an organizational savvy to build an internal network, with the goal of successfully executing and influencing cross-functionally
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor of Science and 7 years' technical program management experience OR 11 years' technical program management experience.
2 years supervisory experience
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America