Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
About the Team
Our team builds products to enhance the lives of millions of Americans. We create richly compelling digital experiences for customers whether they are at home, in our stores, or on the go. We build the tools our Home Office Merchants need to select the very best products to help our customers live better. We also make the services and systems our 1.2 million employees need to do their jobs in our stores and throughout our entire supply chain.
The Customer Product team builds products to enhance the experience for millions of customers. You'll leverage the best and latest tools to facilitate remote teams and work with teams who develop experiences that have changed the industry including the mobile app, online grocery experience and curbside pickup. Innovating on the world's biggest stage, you'll get to deliver customer-centric solutions before they walk in the door, after they purchase, and every step in between. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As a Design Director, Customer Platform, plays a critical strategic role across the entire customer experience portfolio by creating the vision, designing, and launching features across the full customer journey. This work will allow you to innovate and directly impact the millions of customers we serve every day. Helping households plan the perfect party, share a registry for their new baby, or save time on ordering their weekly groceries with no-contact pickup or delivery. Ultimately, giving millions of households and families the chance to save money and live better. Our goal is to create a hyper-personalized experience that is so indispensable our customers can't live without it. You will guide the team into making the complex simple to ensure that our experiences are not only easy to use but delightful, trusted and unique. You'll employ your great strengths in storytelling to present your vision and product design rationale in a compelling, convincing manner to the wider team.While working with partners to determine a shared plan forward that balances business and technology considerations, you will create and champion an experience that is highly engaging and usable and deliver pixel-perfect detailed design with your team.
By innovating on the world's biggest stage, you will have the chance to shape the future of retail and beyond. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, being Design Director, Customer Platform at Walmart could be the fit you've been looking for.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- A strong strategic mindset and a systems thinking approach.
- A skilled change maker who is not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo.
- An understanding of eCommerce and building experiences that customers return to time and time again
- Excellent visual and interaction design skills and a keen understanding of trends in the marketplace in and out of retail.
- Ability to communicate concepts in a clear and compelling way to audiences of all levels of understanding and levels of seniority.
- Track record of shipping high impact customer-facing products in a fast-moving and changing environment one that celebrates experimentation, iteration, and shipping.
- Experience leading product design process and building strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multitask across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- Deep experience with business requirement gathering, end-to-journey mapping, facilitating sessions like Design Sprints, conducting competitive analysis, and leading rapid concepting and prototyping.
- Champion of a design philosophy that is inclusive of all people.
You'll make an impact by:
- Leading the Customer Experience Product Design team in a way that nurtures the unique strengths of each member of the team and brings them together in a way that has multiplying effect.
- Facilitating creative problem-solving across cross-functional partners to drive best-in-class thinking from all parts of the organization and seamlessly integrating competitive organizational goals.
- Driving and holding others accountable to create experiences that celebrate and empower our end-users.
- Proactively soliciting, leveraging, and sharing design research, competitive research, data, and analytics to create full-featured and strategic products.
- Fostering a maker mindset so teams can iterate and experiment collaboratively in order to challenge the status quo, drive new thinking, and improve processes for creating future-forward product experiences.
- Thinking holistically so that we build true end-to-end experiences.
- Switching gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Fine Arts, or related field and 5 years' experience in design or related field OR 7 years' experience in design or related field. 1 years' supervisory experience.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.