Leads and develops teams effectively by teaching, training, and actively listening to associates; touring stores and providing feedback (Tour-toTeach); communicating and collaborating with all levels of associates regarding store operations, utilizing technology, business initiatives, merchandising, and company direction; introducing and leading company change efforts; providing clear expectations and guidance to implement business solutions; and communicating business objectives to teams effectively.
Models and demonstrates exceptional customer service standards to store associates by following and demonstrating the One Best Way (OBW) service model; managing and supporting customer service initiatives (for example, store of the community and community outreach programs); ensuring customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved; developing and implementing action plans to correct deficiencies; and providing process improvement leadership to ensure a high quality customer experience.
Drives the financial performance and sales of the designated store area by reviewing and evaluating P&L (Profit & Loss) statements; managing and assisting in budgeting, forecasting and controlling expenses in designated business area to confirm they are indexed to sales; monitoring and ensuring effective merchandise presentation, seasonal transitions, inventory flow, and operational processes; and developing and implementing action plans to mitigate shrink and ensure sales and profit goals are achieved for business area.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for hourly associates by hiring, training, and mentoring of associates; assigning duties; setting clear expectations; providing associate recognition; communicating expectations consistently and effectively; ensuring diversity and inclusion awareness; and recruiting and developing qualified associates to meet staffing needs and achieve company growth potential.
This position is part of a program designed to improve the management training journey of associates who recently completed a two or four year college degree program.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Associate's degree or bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or related area
4400 W TENNESSEE ST, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32304-1029, United States of America