Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can't do that without the best talent talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
As part of the Walmart Information Security Business Communication & Enablement Portfolio Team, this role will be an enabler of our vision to be a best-in-class Technical Portfolio Team that operates with speed and discipline and support our mission to strategically drive security value by planning, communicating and enabling delivery of simplified Information Security solutions & services through collaboration with our partners.
You'll make an impact if:
- You have advanced knowledge of Agile principles including the SCRUM methodology and ability to apply them in day to day delivery.
- Have advanced knowledge of industry project manager tool-set (ex. Jira, Confluence, Zoom, Tableau, etc.) and can apply to support daily job functions.
- You have a demonstrated track record of driving delivery of multiple low to high complexity projects.
- Can develop project/release plans and timelines, monitors execution progress and drives resolution to possible scope/time trade-offs.
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities with peers and applies managing up principles.
- Demonstrate sense of urgency and ability to understand when and to whom to escalate.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively both on teams as well as be self-motivated, task oriented and organized.
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Planning: Reviews project/program requirements. Ensures all project teams within a low-to-moderately complex category or business area understand the overall objectives, timeline and how the projects/programs impact overall category/business area results. Identifies budget and resource requirements for projects/programs for a low-to-moderately complex product or business area and gains approval from product owners, stakeholders and other business leaders. Helps define project/program success criteria.
- Executing Project/Program Processes: Monitors execution progress and ensures deliverable quality (e.g., coordinating meetings, identifies dependencies, removes risk and issues, tracking budget, following up on action items) for projects/programs within a low-to-moderately complex product space or business area. Leads and organizes cross-functional and/or product team and stakeholder meetings and communicates with stakeholders as needed. Interprets and manages scope creep for projects/programs within a low-to-moderately complex category or business area. Resolves conflicts and elevates more complex conflicts. Monitors progress against project/program success criteria and escalates concerns to stakeholders.
- Dependency and Risk Management: Manages changes in project scope, identifies potential issues and devises contingency and communication plans for projects/programs within a low-to-moderately complex category or business area. Maintains awareness of, accounts for and elevates dependencies within the project team. Implements established risk mitigation plans for low-to-moderately complex projects with internal dependencies and makes adjustments, as needed. Ensures project teams understand project risk and mitigation plans for projects/programs within a low-to moderately complex product or business area. Solves for most risks/concerns and elevates outstanding issues to stakeholders.
- Change Management: Implements change approach, strategy and plan for projects/programs within a low-to-moderately complex product or business area. Prepares and manages all aspects of impact of project change on each stakeholder group. Manages change plan throughout the life of low-to-moderately complex projects. Consults with managers, product teams and other change leaders as needed. Champions change management with team members.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (e.g., Security Portfolio, Security Engineering, Global Tech) to ensure successful implementation for projects within a low-to-moderately complex product or business area. Collaborates with stakeholders regarding project scope, risks and dependencies.
- People Development: Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or product objectives. Maintains team motivation and engagement. Mentors less experienced associates.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You have base level Security knowledge
- Have acquired base Security knowledge (Security+, SANS, Udemy, etc.) and Agile certification (CSM, CSPO, PMP, CAPM, CompTIA Project +, CPMP, etc.)
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Information Systems and 2 years of experience or 6+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Bachelor of Science and 2 years' technical program management experience OR 6 years' technical program management experience.
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.