Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
This is the opportunity to get in early with a stealth health & wellness project currently incubating in Walmart's Store No8.At Store No8, the team will discover and deliver the insights that will power the future of healthcare for our customers, through the unparalleled scale of Walmart's platform. In this role, you will manage data stewardship and privacy initiatives as they relate to consumer and patient expectations in health insight use cases. You will work closely with Walmart Digital Citizenship, Walmart Global Tech and the Walmart Health & Wellness business to guide the ethical use of data and responsible use of technology.
Top reasons to work with us:
- This is a rare opportunity you will be part of the team architecting and shaping the growth of a stealth health & wellness project from the ground up, ultimately helping Walmart's millions of customers to live better every day
- Startup energy, Walmart backing - you will move at the speed of a startup without time lost to fundraising and finding customers; you will have clarity of mission from Day One and the full support of our leadership team in this audacious mission; you will also be a part of Walmart's world-class Digital Citizenship organization
- Access our affiliation with the Fortune 1 company enables us to access the best and the brightest in the industry, and you will be empowered to form and own those relationships
- Long term vision we are focused on making a contribution to Health at the scale of Walmart, you will bridge the art of the possible across today's rapidly evolving healthcare data and informatics landscape, such that Walmart is positioned to drive the consumerization of health
Who will love this job:
- A health privacy evangelist you are passionate about fairness and equity in the design of health tech solutions, and believe giving consumers greater transparency and agency in the use of their personal data has the potential to transform health and healthcare
- A data enthusiast you understand the complexity of healthcare data as it exists in different forms and from different sources, and you enjoy sourcing, evaluating, and appropriately using new data sets to create value
- A clear communicator you break down complex concepts and make them easy to understand
- A generous collaborator you enjoy building expertise, insights, and solutions to collaborative teams and can thrive with cross-functional and matrixed teams
- A governance aficionado you know how to build and maintain processes, policies, standards and roles to enable both data and people to thrive
About the role:
As Data Stewardship Manager, you will manage the development and day to day operations of data source identification and procurement, data governance, and data quality management for novel health insight use cases and initiatives. You will partner with data science and product teams to influence how and when we use data to create insights and user experiences which put choice in the hands of patients and consumers. In this role you will be part Store No. 8 and work closely with our partners in Walmart's Digital Citizenship, Global Tech and Health & Wellness business.
What you'll do:
- Data Source Identification and Procurement: Understands and supports the prioritization of requirements for data in support of product and platform use cases. Maintains a broad and deep understanding of internal and external sources of health data. Helps identify the most suitable sources for data that is fit for purpose and targeted by demographics, use cases, and other factors. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.
- Data Governance: Establishes, documents, and maintains data governance projects and recommendations. Implements data governance practices in partnership with business stakeholders and peers. Interprets company and regulatory policies on data. Educates others on data governance processes, practices, policies, and guidelines. Provides recommendations on needed updates or inputs into data governance policies, practices, or guidelines.
- Data Quality Management: Profiles, analyzes, and assesses data quality. Works with key stakeholders to improve and maintain the quality of data at the source and through transformation processes. Promotes and educates others on data quality awareness. Manages operational Data Quality Management procedures. Manages data quality issues and leads data cleansing activities to remove data quality defects and eliminate unused data. Determines user accessibility and removes or restricts user access as needed.
- Master Data and Metadata Management: Understands business domain master integration and meta data requirements. Manages and maintains metadata standards and data rules. Implements integration of new data sources and metadata.
- Digital Citizenship: Navigates evolving healthcare regulatory landscape (e.g., HIPAA, 21st Century Cures Act) and Walmart's core privacy tenants to lead in the representation of digital citizenship internally and externally. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans. Grows customer trust by embracing Walmart's Digital Trust Commitments to help advance the narrative for customers, associates, and the public about how Walmart will continue to innovate with the Customer at the center of our designs, and ensuring that our actions match our words as we maintain our position as the most trusted retailer.
- Business Collaboration: Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, identifying business needs, determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices, monitoring progress and results, recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities, and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- 6+ years in a data stewardship, governance, or health compliance related role
- Superb communication and relationship skills, including the ability to work with cross-functional stakeholders across business and technology domains
- Experience with the use of various forms of health data (e.g., clinical, pharmacy, claims) and knowledge of related privacy standards
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment, ideally within a high growth technology company
- Experience and passion for rapid prototyping and development in a fast-paced environment
Pay, perks & such
Competitive cash, bonus, Walmart equity, 401k, and health benefits
Come join us!
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field and 3 years' experience in data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field. Option 2: 5 years' experience in data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field and 1 year's experience in in data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field.
Data Management certification (for example, Certified Data Management Professional), Driving taxonomy development and application particularly with large and complex sets of information, Industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), Master's degree in Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.