Walmart, the Fortune #1 Company and the Nation’s largest private employer, is helping people save money and live better - and healthier lives. Walmart strives to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
Provides patient service by greeting patients, identifying patient needs, and resolving patient issues and concerns; and maintaining clinical environment according to company policies and procedures.
Processes patient visits by coordinating with other Walmart Health Care Hosts in patient handoffs and maintaining proper language of care; following company policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws (for example, HIPAA) in maintaining patient data within an electronic medical records (EMR) system,; and performing and recording results of standard optometric pre-tests (for example, auto-refraction, retinal imaging, handheld tonometry, prescription checks using an auto-lensometer).
Coordinates with Optometrists to collect, enter, and transfer data through the EMR system; utilizing any additional software needed to coordinate patient scheduling, appointments, and billing as needed by the Walmart Health Center.
Conducts additional optometric or vision-related medical testing as requested by optometrists and in accordance with scope-of-practice regulations(for example, visual field testing, tonometry, retinal imaging); understanding and ensuring compliance with specific technical and system guidelines for the operation of medical and vision testing Equipment; and understanding and demonstrating familiarity with applicable procedures to sufficiently conduct testing.
Conducts activities needed to prepare, monitor, and deliver patient-facing care during a Tele-Optometry exam as requested by optometrists and in accordance with scope-of-practice regulations; understanding and demonstrating familiarity with the operation and procedures during a Tele-Optometry Exam. Works collaboratively with Virtual Doctors to deliver services to the Patient.
Understands and demonstrates familiarity with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as Centers for Disease Control and clinic guidelines regarding equipment, furniture, and work surface management; ensures compliance with the use of personal protective equipment provided by the clinic.
Understands and demonstrates familiarity with the language of care and patient flows required for a Walmart Health Center location; collaborates withWalmart Health Center staff across modalities (for example, medical, dental, optical, behavioral health) to deliver patient care.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’
contributions and accomplishments.
Optometric Technician certification or license (or equivalent requirement in state where Walmart Health Center is located
1 year's experience using optical pre-testing equipment (for example, auto-refraction, auto-lensometry, tonometry) and specialized testing
equipment (OCT , retina camera, visual field)
Experience in an optical, optometry, or ophthalmology setting as an Optician, Optometric Technician, or Ophthalmic Technician, Experience using an EMR system, Athena, or Rev360, Working in a medical office or multi-disciplinary setting
7075 COLLINS RD, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32244-5041, United States of America