Job Title: (USA) Principal Software Engineer - Data Platform
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will architect, design, and build frameworks and services to enable change data capture (CDC) and migration solutions that integrate with platform data stores and streaming/messaging systems. In this role, you will be a leading contributor in the broader scope of the product, architecture, and design within the data platform organization
What you’ll be doing:
· Drive technical decisions that impact the evolution and product vision of the overall offering
· Participate and present in architectural, high-level design discussions
· Analyze and evaluate open-source & cloud-vendor software products to leverage best of breed solutions and patterns for change data capture (CDC) and data movement
· Drive medium-to-large scale projects by solidifying & translating requirements into technical solutions; draft & present necessary documentation artifacts (design spec, wireframes, etc.)
· Drive development process by conducting design & code reviews to build robust applications and features
· Develop highly maintainable and efficient components/systems.
· Transform libraries, utilities, and services into reusable platform components with an emphasis on friction-free, ease-of-use adoption
· Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues with an increasingly complex enterprise product.
What will set you up for success and give you an advantage:
· 5-7 years of experience in working on highly interdependent, complex, and critical distributed systems with an emphasis on scalability and performance.
· Exceptional experience developing qualitative code in Java
· Proficiency in developing within cloud technologies & infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
· Experience in data transport strategies - change data capture (CDC), replication, migration, and transformation Solutions (ETL/ELT processes)
· Strong object-oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
· An ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, reusable solutions to complex problems.
· Good understanding of system performance trade-offs, load balancing, and engineering for high availability.
· Proficiency in software development process from translating early requirements to design, implementation, unit testing, code reviews.
· Experience delivering microservices in a continuous integration & delivery environment
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
5600 AVENIDA ENCINAS, CARLSBAD, CA 92008, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.