Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men
Develops project management practices by adhering to the principals of the Walmart Global eCommerce project management methodologies (for example, Agile); promoting the principals and business value of project methodologies throughout the organization; leading and contributing to the development and continuous improvement of the Walmart Global eCommerce project management best practices; acting as a change agent for process and/or business improvements; and building and maintaining partnerships with the software engineering managers, architects, product managers, business, and vendors.
Ensures project manager and senior project manager development and continued successful performance by providing mentoring; monitoring program and individual project progress; providing guidance regarding project methodologies and best practices; providing periodic project status reports and executive summaries to stakeholders and management; developing new project managers to ensure skills are aligned with established Project Management Organization (PMO) standards; and providing mentorship and guidance to peers and management on methodology and practice.
Manages a large portfolio of projects through their lifecycle phases to successful completion by serving as the project lead (for example, scrum master) for multiple projects; collaborating with project stakeholders to develop project strategy and overall goals; developing overall program roadmap and schedule; assigning team roles and responsibilities; identifying and managing critical path workflows and cross-functional dependencies; collecting and analyzing project metrics to manage initiatives and drive accountability for the accomplishment of overall project objectives; identifying and procuring resources from resource managers; preparing and maintaining a project risk assessment; developing and executing plans for managing risk; escalating and communicating program related issues; and presenting project status updates to senior leadership and key stakeholders.
Manages geographically distributed teams, off-shore development teams and third-party vendors (for example, software vendors, hardware vendors, photo vendors, content providers) by coordinating internal and vendor schedules and priorities; integrating teams and vendors into project strategy; communicating progress status; evaluating system capabilities and ensuring sustainable functionality; ensuring delivery of proper functionality; and managing communications from vendors to internal stakeholders.
Leads the development of eCommerce programs by determining business readiness; forecasting projected expenses; developing and managing program budget; establishing metrics to ensure adherence to established expectations; developing capital and resource plans; developing project timelines and deliverables; ensuring successful delivery; and providing feedback regarding project success. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' technical program management experience OR 10 years' technical program management experience.
2628 NE UNIVERSITY VILLAGE ST, SEATTLE, WA 98105-5023, United States of America
Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men