Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men
What you'll do...
Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
Drive and implement the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety) and implement operational improvements.
Forecast staffing, workload and performance results to meet business demands for workload and performance results for area of responsibility.
Prepare, review, and/or analyze business reports, and use information to identify operational improvements (e.g., production, quality, safety).
Monitor and ensure area of responsibility's compliance with Logistics and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives by developing, distributing, and/or maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
Identify and ensure associate, customer and supplier concerns are resolved, using own judgment or consulting others when needed.
Supervise and manage associates and leaders in area of responsibility by giving direction, monitoring performance and providing feedback; identifying training and development needs and providing opportunities for learning and growth; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates, leaders and managers.
Oversee the execution of QA guidelines, procedures, and programs by identifying ways to increase building efficiencies and maintain inventory integrity; and ensuring systems/processes are implemented for the corrective actions (slot profiling, inventory adjustments, cycle inventory tests, managing outside storage, damages and strays, tracking and reporting close date product, hazardous material processing).
Oversee the execution of systems operations by ensuring appropriate hardware and software maintenance, installation of new replacement or additional systems, necessary repairs are completed on existing systems, and development and troubleshooting involving the appropriate corporate partner (Information Systems Division, vendor, Logistics Regional and Divisional Systems Manager).
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management); and 1 year experience in an operations/distribution/logistics environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees for multiple departments / areas OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Area Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates OR 3 years experience in an operations/distribution/logistics/retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees for multiple departments / areas OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Operations Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates for multiple departments / areas
Financial Modeling and Analysis, Inventory Management, Modeling/Forecasting, Preparing and executing budgets, Profit and Loss (P&L) Accountability, Supervising Associates, Talent Development, Walmart Logistics Manager, Walmart Logistics Systems
Bachelors: Business Administration, Bachelors: Finance, Bachelors: Logistics, Bachelors: Management, Bachelors: Operations Management
3501 Brandon Road, Joliet, IL 60436, United States of America
Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men