Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 54%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
Do you like solving problems? Do you like finding solutions that impact the protection of over 140 million people every week? Do you like innovating in a fast-paced growing environment? Do you have passion and experience in cloud technologies and platforms? Have you ever wondered what it's like to do this on a global scale? What it's like to know that your contributions are part of the data protection for customers around the world? If so, then come join our team
You'll make an impact by:
- Helping lead the advancement and execution of integrated Vulnerability Management across multiple cloud environments
- Assessing the risk posed across a wide range of technologies while focusing primarily on developing cloud (Azure / GCP) based vulnerability prevention mechanisms and strategies.
- Using your knowledge of applicable technology stacks, platforms and deployed controls to automate risk prioritization and mitigation
- Partnering with technologists and leaders to develop process improvement roadmaps
- Working to design solutions which remove performance impacting barriers while increasing efficiency across all of Global Technology
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are a senior technologist who stays informed on security industry trends, technology shifts and exploits.
- You have a technology degree with 7+ years' experience in cybersecurity, infrastructure, risk management, information assurance, information technology, or computer science.
- You are individual who enjoys learning and building from experience to develop tools that will enable vast understanding of the environment for vulnerability analysis
- You are inquisitive with a passion for learning and understanding the extensive breadth of technology
- You are quick learner who can partner with other technologists and leaders to deliver solutions securely at the speed of business
- You are a leader with the skills to develop/present proposals to all levels of management
- You have extensive knowledge and experience of security practices in cloud environments (Azure/GCP)
- You arelogical and inquisitive mind unbound by existing convention coupled with a desire to make a difference
- You have industry expertise in vulnerability identification and risk factor analysis as well as practical experience in risk analysis in multiple layers (Physical, Technical, Governance)
- You have awareness of information across security technologies, trends, threats, and exploits.
- You have a strong understanding of technical and nontechnical risk response options.
- You have experience with regulatory and compliance concepts/practices/requirements (PCI, PII, SOX, HIPAA)
- You have a passion for global responsibility
So, are you ready to be a part of leading a best in class vulnerability management practice? If you are passionate about building out technologies securely at the speed of the business, then this is where you should be. If you have a desire to make a difference and solve problems that have never been tackled before, then this is where you should be. If you are ready to shape the security landscape of the largest retailer in the world, then this is where you should be. Apply now and find out why 2.2M associates globally say #thisisthatplace.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or risk related field and 6 years' experience in information technology or risk related field within the last 10 years OR 8 years' experience in information technology or risk related field within the last 10 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solution recommendations, Current and emerging technologies (for example, mobile, cloud, federation, network, cryptography, firewalls, security technologies, intrusion detection and/or prevention devices, penetration testing, architecture), Designing and implementing technical solutions for information security, Integrating new technologies into existing technology portfolio, Investigations, audits, or assessments, evidence handling, and document collection and retention consistent with judicial best practices, Leading cross-functional teams providing support through the project lifecycle, Payment card industry data security (PCI), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), and/or Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance and/or reporting process, Risk frameworks (for example, COBIT, ISO 27005), Working in a global environmentCISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor - Certification, CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Certification
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 54%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.