Oversees the maintenance of facilities and property appearance and structural functionality with minimal business disruption by maintaining high quality customer service; ensuring associates respond to requests for repair; overseeing the assessment of time critical projects; performing root cause analysis and determining and implementing solutions; coordinating design flaw issues with key stakeholders (for example, Store Operations, Merchandising, Realty); attending meetings with key stakeholders (for example, Operations, Regional Managers, and regulatory authorities); conducting Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) on spend analysis; and reviewing overall performance to identify improvement opportunities.
Drives financial sustainability and cost optimization for facilities by developing, presenting, approving, and managing budgets up to authorization spend for capital and operational expenses; prioritizing spend in collaboration with operations; approving and negotiating contracts, proposals, invoices, and expenses; determining and proposing people resource requirements based on workload, cost, and company growth; analyzing vendor cost discrepancies and fraud; and assisting in preparing reports to summarize information for business analysis and decision making (for example, expense accruals, outstanding invoices).
Oversees compliance with federal, state, local, and trade industry laws, regulations, and guidelines (for example, building codes, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations, cold chain requirements) by implementing maintenance policies and procedures; conducting Facility EPA inspections; managing risk with removal of ozone-depleting materials (for example, refrigerants); and ensuring facilities maintenance programs, processes, and procedures are in compliance with laws and regulations.
Manages compliance with federal, state, and local heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration industry laws, regulations and guidelines by reviewing new and existing laws, regulations, and guidelines; and ensuring and conducting inspections .
Ensures financial sustainability and cost optimization for stores and clubs by developing, presenting, approving, and managing budgets up to authorization spend for capital and operational expenses; prioritizing spend in collaboration with operations; approving and negotiating contracts, proposals, invoices, and expenses; determining and proposing people resource requirements based on workload, cost, and company growth; analyzing vendor cost discrepancies and fraud; and assisting in preparing reports to summarize information for business analysis and decision making .
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Business, Management, or related field and 4 years' experience in facilities management, construction management, engineering, or related field OR 6 years' experience in facilities management, construction management, engineering, or related field.
Managing project budgets, SupervisoryMasters: Business Administration
39500 FORD RD, CANTON, MI 48187-4311, United States of America