Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 54%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
Walmart's Integrated Fulfillment platform is responsible for enabling the applications and core services that support our store fulfillment experience for online grocery and store fulfilled online orders. Walmart is investing in this platform to continue to grow our best-in-class fulfillment experience for our customers. As a leader in the Integrated Fulfillment group, you'll influence, coach and be a servant leader to a team participating and contributing to delivering products and platforms in this space
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wireframes); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with the project team and cross-functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent reoccurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example a business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Web Operations, project management, business and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; benchmarking industry against internal
- processes and solutions; researching or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs; and defining software development guidelines, standards and processes.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading a team, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You're a problem solver and like digging in
- You have a test and learn mentality, and an agile way of working to improve your team's products
- You're excited about solving complex challenges
- You're customer-centric in spirit and execution
- You have experience working with UI tech stacks
- You have experience leading teams and implementing technology globally
You'll make an impact by:
- Building and leading teams: Manage a geographically distributed engineering team
- Providing cross-functional leadership: Working cross-functionally with product, engineering, program, and business teams to deliver solutions
- Building strategic relationships: Partner with peer teams to help design solutions
- Operating with excellence Set an example in managing code quality via reviews, coverage, automation for core application. Contribute to technology backlog based on reviews.
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
- 1 years of supervisory experience
- Should be a hands-on leader with the ability to solve problems, remove roadblocks, and drive the team forward
- Knowledge of industry best practices for code quality, architecture, accessibility, and usability.
- Ability to compare different frameworks and tools and suggest the best option given the client's requirements.
- Experience building and retaining high-performance teams
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve to live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 54%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.