Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Senior Manager I, Software Engineering
Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into
technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing
code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross
functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent reoccurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and
hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent
documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions;
implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
Troubleshoots business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause);
engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the
results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example,
business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional
Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Web
Operations, project management, business and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and
implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading internal technical teams; partnering with cross-functional teams across the
business; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines;
communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams
through informed discussions.
Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; benchmarking industry against internal
processes and solutions; researching or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs; and defining software development guidelines,
standards and processes.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business
plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring
progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work
environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching
for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to
others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business
partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness;
and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
About the Team
As a part of Walmart Finance Technology Digital Planning and Analytics, we build industry defining Planning and Forecasting capabilities that are driver based and enabled by Machine Learning and statistical modeling that enable transparency, governance, and automation. The goals include Creating a Finance OnDemand model for improved Business partner experience; standardizing the core and utilizing predictive analytics to uncover insights faster. You will be in the unique position to be of service to associates as a member of this organization supporting all segments of Walmart Finance. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has a love for Financial data, enjoys solving complex problems, has a passion for privacy, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the product - then our Associate Product Manager role could be for you. The ideal candidate will be a driver for any given workstream within the program, working closely with the engineering and business teams to take an idea thru implementation and stabilization.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You are a driver, takes responsibility to ensure timely delivery
- You are passionate, driven and humble in your approach
You're excited about solving challenges
You're team-centric in spirit and in execution
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You're leading and participating in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions, gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames).
- You're writing and developing code; conducting unit testing, communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders, collaborating with project team and cross functional teams.
- Support theoptimizationandimplementationof the EPM system
- Leading Application Development include:
- Lead Enterprise Performance Management (Oracle-Hyperion/OneStream) projects from concept to implementation by consulting with business customers to determine the root cause of requests.
- Defining and documenting requirements and scope of work in partnership with customers.
- Evaluating potential solutions to determine the optimal solution that can be leveraged across multiple business segments.
- Designing solutions and gathering resources (for example, customer needs, source data owners), developing and scheduling milestones and delivery dates; leading project teams in
- the execution of solutions, consulting with customers to resolve conflicts (for example, customer design elements)
- Documenting final solutions and training customers on the database and solutions.
- Leads the development and maintenance of Enterprise Performance Management databases and other business intelligence applications by serving as a subject matter expert on multiple applications and tools.
- Partnering with leadership to determine short- and long-term business strategies; determining the application of Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) solutions; developing database and application design.
- Synthesizing data to ensure data is consistent with business needs.
- Consulting with business customers regarding best practices and the potential of new applications.
- Integrating multi-dimensional database applications and tools into the data bases and applications.
- Maintaining and querying data contained within applications.
- Creating and modifying code scripts to align with business requirements and developing and coding applications, programs,
- and scripts to build systems that meet business needs.
- Provides database and technical support for multiple support departments (for example, Finance, Operations, Merchandising) and segments by generating analytical solutions
- Leading and participating in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions, gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames).
- Writing and developing code; conducting unit testing, communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders, collaborating with project team and cross functional teams.
- Reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns, and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Utilizing industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices, bench marking industry against internal processes and solutions, researching, or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs and defining software development guidelines, standards, and processes.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives.
Other responsibilities include:
- Delivering small scale automation for quick wins by leveraging different methods in the product.
- Working on other FP&A projects related to implementing new technologies.
- Identifying problem areas and proactively addressing them
- Service/customer-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with changing requirements, priorities, and ambiguity
- Demonstrates ownership/accountability
- Willing to display vulnerability (admit mistakes and knowledge gaps)
- Naturally motivated to challenge the status quo
- 8+ years of working experience in EPM applications Development
- Must have experience with Hyperion Essbase Hyperion Planning, Financial Data Quality management (FDQM), OneStream or equivalent systems
Experience with the following technologies:
- VB .Net, Python, Visual Basic and SQL Server
- Visual Studio, TFS, and GIT
- Must have worked with Balance Sheets and P&Ls
- Must have worked with finance Business users
Additional Preferred Skills
- Excel macros/VBA skills. Proven creative and innovative solutions using excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with business users as well as the technical communities
- Experience with data quality assessment and implementing solutions to improve the data quality
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.