Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions. Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy
About the team:
The AdTech reporting and measurements team is responsible for generating actionable insight from campaign and ad impression data. This team is responsible for both onsite/offsite display ads and sponsored products to generate actionable insights.The team charter is to generate the insights and help our business partners to target the right audience and increase the advertiser's adoption.
We are a team of software engineers whose strengths are: (1) building and managing scalable data pipelines for measurement solutions (2) exposure to machine learning techniques and data science (3) making sense of broadly defined problems through data analysis.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- 8+ years of experience in software development, ideally focusing on big data management and distributed data processing.
- At least 3+ years of leadership experience in leading engineering teams, attracting talent and mentoring.
- Carry a strong sense of ownership and accountable, self-discipline and focus on high quality deliverables, and team orientation and design thinking, efficiency, and innovation.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members.
- Help develop their careers and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Participate in code review and facilitate design discussions, and optimize the engineering practices.
- Hands of experience with big data ecosystems like HDFS, hive, spark, Elasticsearch etc. and programming languages like Scala or Python or Java or HQL/SQL etc.
- Track record of delivering high-impact products in broadly defined subject domains.
- Exposure to public clouds like Azure,GCP especially GCS, big Query and Data Proc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You'll make an impact by:
- Hiring, mentoring, and leadingby influencea world-class group of engineers to builda highlyengaged in-house AdplatformthatoperateatWalmart-scale
- Inculcating the culture and values of growth mindset, technical entrepreneurship, design thinking, engineering excellence, data-first approach, and innovation
- Being a role modelforbehaviorssuchasbeingdata-intensivewhiletakingeverydaydecisions,approacheverydayproblemswith scientifictemperamentandrigor,having a customer-first mind-set, maintaining the highest standards for operational and engineering excellence
- Working with your teams and other technical leaders to ensure our coding and development processes are scaling and evolving with moderndevelopment/CI-CD/engineeringpractices
- Co-creating the engineering roadmaps for the team and help transition our platforms to highly configurable and manageable micro-services architecture using next-gen technologies
- Owning and driving the operational excellence and engineering excellence metrics
- Engaging with Product Management and Business stakeholders to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome platforms and products
- Ensuring that you are on top of the hiring targets, operational excellence, budget management and the required operating rhythm.
- Regularly interacting with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the vibrant tech community.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less timecommuting.Today,we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
1 year's supervisory experience.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainabilityand everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industriesall while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.