Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Health Equity & Social Determinants of Health:
- Maintain In-depth understanding of health equity, access to care, and social determinants of health frameworks.
- Create community needs assessments to understand health equity challenges and social determinants of health.
- Explore data and formulate metrics including social, environmental, and behavioral factors to build a business case for health equity initiatives.
- Collaboratively design health equity initiatives that can measurably impact health outcomes for underserved populations.
- Create analytical, statistical, and rule-based models that produce actionable insights that can be used to operationalize and sustain health equity programs.
- Measure results (individual experience, access, quality of life, clinical outcomes, and financial) of health equity programs and initiatives to drive sustainable results.
- Collaborate with various business, clinical, and community partners to share insights and provide reporting to track progress and influence outcomes of initiatives
- Translates business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions. Identifies what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem. Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstrate how the method would solve the business problem.
- Understands, articulates, interprets, and applies the principles of the defined strategy to unique, moderately complex business problems that may span one or main functions or domains.
Data Source Identification:
- Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose.
- Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.
Influences and communicates roadmap of responsible area of data sources and transformations to be developed by data strategy and engineering
- Generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes.
- Understands customer requirements to design appropriate data representation for complex data sets and drive User Experience designers and User Interface engineers to build front end applications. Defines application design based on customer requirements.
- Builds compelling stories based on context to integrate multiple pieces of information into cohesive insights. Presents to and influences diverse audiences using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages through deep business and stakeholder understanding. Customizes communication style based on stakeholders and leverages relationships to drive behavioral change.
- Guides and mentors junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.
Exploratory Data Analysis:
- Uses advanced Knowledge in Data Discovery tools to write queries and analyzes data to
identify patterns, trends, outliers, and correlations. Collects and tabulates data and evaluates results to determine accuracy, validity, and applicability.
- Supports the identification and application of statistical techniques based on requirements. Applies suitable technique under direction from leadership. Assists in the planning, design, and implementation of exploratory data analysis research projects.
- Conducts statistical experiments (for example hypothesis tests, confidence intervals) and builds basic statistical models using packages like Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS). Understands existing statistical models and identifies and recommends statistical models based on hypothesis.
Data Quality Management:
- Promotes and educates others on data quality awareness. Profiles, analyzes, and assesses data quality. Tests and validates data quality requirements. Continuously measures and monitors data quality. Delivers against data quality service level agreements.
- Manages operational Data Quality Management procedures. Manages data quality issues and leads data cleansing activities to remove data quality defects, improve data quality, and eliminate unused data.
Determines user accessibility and removes or restricts user access as needed. Interprets company and regulatory policies on data. Educates others on data governance processes, practices, policies, and guidelines.
Applied Business Acumen:
- Evaluates proposed business cases for projects and initiatives. Influences business stakeholder decision making. Translates business requirements into strategies, initiatives, and projects and aligns them to business strategy and objectives and drives the execution of deliverables.
- Builds and articulates the business case and return on investment and delivers work that has demonstrable value. Challenges business assumptions on topics related to one's domain expertise.
- Develops new organization-wide processes and ways of working. Teaches and guides others on best practices. Proactively engages in the external community to build Walmart's brand and learns more about industry practices.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- MA/MS or PhD in Public Health, Epidemiology, Math, Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Actuarial Science, Economics, or related field
- Experience analyzing, designing, and implementing health equity programs and initiatives
- Experience creating and validating simulated cost & clinical outcomes models for public health or health equity initiatives. (e.g., Who qualifies for the program? who will enter the program? what will their predicted outcomes be once entering the program? and what will the success of the program be under multiple scenarios?)
- Experience with math and statistical methods, using different measurement scales, and understanding implications of research methods, and differentiating the benefits of descriptive vs inferential methodologies (e.g., predictive modeling, longitudinal tests, and/or rule-based modeling)
- Experience synthesizing existing research on health equity and social determinants of health to develop and operationalize conceptual frameworks.
- Experience with mix-methods analysis approaches (e.g., quantitative, qualitative, etc.) to better explain and understand quantitative results of health equity and social determinants of health initiatives.
- Experience with 3rd party data sets (e.g., publicly available data, health exchange data, commercial data, social media, etc.) to further improve population health
Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, Political Science, or related field and 4 years' experience conducting mathematical or statistical research, analysis and modeling intelligence, corporate security, or related area OR 6 years' experience conducting mathematical or statistical research, analysis and modeling intelligence, corporate security, or related area.
Business analysis and reporting, Leading project teams, Microsoft Office, Retail Software Programs, Statistical modeling software, SupervisoryMasters: Accounting, Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Finance, Masters: Mathematics, Masters: StatisticsProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.