Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
As a global retailer, operating from a worldly vantage point is a critical component to our strategy, our ability to connect thoughtfully with our customers and provide a best-in-class experience. As a Senior Manager II, Home Office Financial Planning & Analysis - Finance, you'll be looked to as a leader, an informed practitioner, someone who prides themselves on staying apprised when it comes to global affairs, protocols, regulations and best practices while empowering their team to do the same. You'll contribute directly to our financial security, ability to plan for the future and conduct business in a way that is fiscally sound and compliant.
Your position is one that is driven by an intellectual curiosity, an unfaltering interest in helping your business partners to achieve their objectives and inspiring your team to do the same. Numbers driven, result-oriented, your expertise will be a pivotal component to our investment strategy, pursuits and international market position.
This expertise combined with a passion for excellence and inspiring others is what continues to set our Finance team apart. Are you ready to join us?
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You operate as a collaborative partner willing to share your expertise and advice at every phase of the strategic decision-making process.
- You lead by example and provide your team with the resources necessary to making decisions with surety.
- You keep a pulse on international market regulations, best practices, developments and fiscal influences.
- You position yourself as a global practitioner, someone who prides themselves on their worldly expertise and leveraging it to empower the broader organization.
You'll make an impact by:
- Leading by example and demonstrating a passion for providing a best-in-class customer experience.
- Positioning yourself as a strategist, someone who understands the business' needs, immerses themselves in the company's culture and empowers others to pursue endeavors with the company's values at the forefront.
- Communicates financial information to customer groups by providing financial reporting information to senior management regarding actual versus budget results and specific variance analyses; informing customers of upcoming changes; and delivering presentations to divisional customers.
- Managing and performing budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and month-end processes by reviewing historical data and trends provided by financial analyst; developing divisional administrative budgets; adjusting budgets to comply with Company guidelines; updating forecasts; ensuring month-end profit and loss (P&L) processes occur timely and accurately; and reviewing and approving P&L variances and recommendations for resolution of issues and variances.
- Supporting various special projects that require an additional level of expertise by working with other corporate finance team members; interacting with divisional finance support teams; managing system updates with Information Systems Division; and communicating project results company wide.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field and 3 years experience in finance or related field OR 6 years experience in finance or related field. 1 year of supervisory experience OR 1 year experience leading cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Supervising AssociatesMasters: Accounting, Masters: FinanceConsulting - Certified Management Consultant - Certification, Financial & Insurance - Certified Internal Auditor - Certification, Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification, Financial & Insurance - Chartered Financial Analyst - Certification
701 S. WALTON BLVD., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-6209, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.