Manager II, Specialty Tax
About Walmart Inc.
Walmart is the world’s largest retailer committed to helping people around the world save money and live better. We are creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the globe. Walmart operates approximately 10,500 stores and clubs under 48 banners in 24 countries and eCommerce websites. We employ 2.2 million associates around the world — nearly 1.6 million in the U.S. alone.
Walmart Inc. helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – by providing the opportunity to shop in retail stores and through eCommerce. Through innovation, we strive to continuously improve a customer-centric experience that seamlessly integrates our eCommerce and retail stores in an omni-channel offering that saves time for our customers. Each week, we serve over 240 million customers who visit approximately 11,400 stores and numerous eCommerce websites under 54 banners in 26 countries.
Our strategy is to make every day easier for busy families, operate with discipline, sharpen our culture and become digital, and make trust a competitive advantage. Making life easier for busy families includes our commitment to price leadership, which has been and will remain a cornerstone of our business, as well as increasing convenience to save our customers time. By leading on price, we earn the trust of our customers every day by providing a broad assortment of quality merchandise and services at everyday low prices ("EDLP"). EDLP is our pricing philosophy under which we price items at a low price every day so our customers trust that our prices will not change under frequent promotional activity. Everyday low cost ("EDLC") is our commitment to control expenses so our cost savings can be passed along to our customers.
Our operations comprise three reportable segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club. We maintain our principal offices in Bentonville, Arkansas.
How Do We Work?
A close-knit team that supports and challenges each other, via:
Problem Solving - Handle difficult, unexpected or complex challenges by defining the problem using relevant information to evaluate options and implement effective solutions.
Learning Agility and Innovation - Curious, adaptive, continuously learning and committed to a growth mindset. Is creative, takes smart risks, moves with speed, develops new ideas and applies new concepts that improve the performance of the function.
Influential Communication - Listens, comprehends and conveys information through various forms of communication to influence stakeholders, enhance clarity, engage and inspire. Tailor’s messages to a wide variety of audiences and tell the story using facts, data and supporting anecdotes.
Bachelor’s degree in in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Real Estate, Business Management or another degree in related field and 7+ years’ experience in tax consulting or relevant area.
Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Real Estate, Business Management or another degree with MBA, MST or JD
This role is based in Bentonville AR with some travel in various markets.
Manages the implementation of complex tax activities and initiatives for
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 4 years’ experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Working on cross-functional teams or projects
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America