Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As part of the Chief Data Officer organization, this role will be a crucial enabler of our data journey to be the world's leading data-driven retailer. This leader will manage strategic initiatives to accelerate enterprise-wide data maturity. You will also deliver an adoption roadmap for priority initiatives.
The Senior Manager II, Technical Program Management will have fundamental interactions with our business, technology, global data and HR teams to ensure alignment on the process, approach and talent needed to deliver highly optimized solutions and services to deliver our enterprise Data Maturity.
About the Enterprise Data Maturity Acceleration Team:
The Enterprise Data Maturity Acceleration Team focuses on the fundamentals of Enterprise Data Maturityempower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. Our journey to Data Maturity requires Walmart to elevate the level of active leadership, move at a faster pace, include employees in decision-making, and ingrain new behaviors. For the Global Data Organization, this team will establish and lead our data culture and ecosystem challenged to deliver Data Maturity Model (DMM) innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. As a leader within the broader Global Data Organization, you'll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to play a role in Walmart's data-driven transformation.
- Accelerate enterprise-wide data maturity; monitor maturity through composite metrics sourced from GDO function teams.
- Define and execute plans for priority initiatives e.g., tools, governance policies, cloud migration, etc.; partner with GDO functional teams and SME's to ensure acceptance of priority initiatives.
- Develop and iteratively refine Walmart's overall Data and Analytics Maturity model and playbook.
- Drive Walmart's approach to evaluating each domains data maturity, effectiveness and ability to execute the D&A operating model with accelerating innovation and priority initiatives workstreams.
- Leverage knowledge of DMM Acceleration and development best practices in a highly interconnected and iterative environment, applying recommendations and execution roadmap development to drive efficiency and transparency for priority initiatives.
- Ensuring operating model consistency, reflecting modern standards for data performance and provide consistent facilitation of calibration and succession planning activities inclusive of critical roles across the enterprise including executive leaders, data product disciplines, data stewardship, data science, machine learning engineering, data engineering.
- Design Walmart's consulting and engagement processes and service model in support of the operating model transition and transformation.
- Develop and drive clear, iterative roadmaps in a highly matrixed environment across the overall enterprise and data value chains.
- Develop a view of ROI/Business value created considering resource and expenses against business value created.
- Demonstrate a passion for details with the ability to ideate and problem solve actively with business leaders, product, science, and engineering stakeholders
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce that functions as a center of excellence in the clarity of business needs and corporate alignment and communication to all levels of the organization.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Who you are:
- You think and act strategically; you create strategies for own organization that align with the company's strategies and lead to the achievement of business priorities
- You make sound judgments by using objective financial and business analyses to evaluate the returns and risks of business choices
- You promote a customer/member-focused environment. You combine experience, insight, and data to determine how to best exceed customer/member needs.
- You optimize execution and results, by using the advantage of company size, internal and external resources, and talent to achieve success.
- You have a healthy balance of business and technical acumen and can apply these in real-world activities
- You inspire commitment by developing and communicating logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned
- You develop talent and replacement plans for own organization that increases effectiveness, builds diversity, and enhances bench strength
- You build and sustain trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational, and geographical boundaries to achieve goals
- Minimum of 5-10 years of total work experience in a combination of technology development, program management, business analysis or strategy
- Experience in change management consulting or organizational transformation.
- Minimum of 5 years of team leadership experience and cross-functional influence
- Capable of managing numerous stakeholders, anticipating their needs, and gaining alignment for strategies from executive level stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on goals while exhibiting personal integrity and a focus on the customer
- Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen
- Skilled in understanding the impact of a change, and planning effective interventions
- Understands, describes and navigates existing work and makes recommendations with a clear sense of organizational impact
- Additionally, the appetite to work with the teams to dig into data, processes, issues, to identify the root-cause problems and remedies is a very desirable strength.
- Good working knowledge of the value of delivering insights through data and analytics.
- Detail oriented leader with an ability to work, develop, and think at a strategic level.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face.That'swhat we do at Walmart Global Tech.We'rea team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app,serviceor some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success.We'llcollaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 6 years' technical program management experience OR 10 years' technical program management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainabilityand everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industriesall while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.