Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
The right assortment at the right price is a core coefficient of the Walmart retail strategy. The Market Intelligence team part of the Retail & Data Servicesorganization,provides vital competitive assortment and pricing signals into that equation globally across a multitude of geographies for Walmart enterprise. With an integrated data-led platform, we enable Walmart to bring price and assortment advantages into retail and drive repeat business through frictionless, personalized customer outcomes. We use highly scalable, fault-tolerant, and leading-edge web, cloud, data, and ML solutions to help our customers save money and live better every single day.
As a Staff Product Manager on the team, you will collaborate with multiple functions including engineering, business, and cross-functional teams across geographies. You will work closely with key stakeholders on the pricing, marketplace, and merchandising side and drive the vision, strategy, roadmap, and execution of platform/product strategy catering to multiple markets in various geographies and multiple use-case domains.
Our team believes in being EDHR i.e., Everyday Holiday Ready symbolizing the readiness for the scale/redundancy as if it's Black-Friday/Cyber Monday/Big Billion day every day. If you thrive in solving business problems with highly tangible and enormous business impact, love working with fabulous team members who just click, this is the place!
- Overall 10+ years of industry experience, focused on solving data & analytics challenges with a minimum of 4 years of Product Management experience; preferably in t8he e-commerce or retail space of building platforms that scale and support multi-market multi-geography use-cases/products
- Good academic record with Computer Science, Engineering, or Business background; prefer a top-tier MBA.
- Proven experience in managing end-to-end lifecycle for cloud-based Saas/PaaS products to solve large-scale, critical business problems with the customer at the center.
- Understanding the overall broad spectrum of the use cases for multiple markets and market intelligence domains to prioritize the features/platform capabilities and create a vision and then roadmaps.
- Solid understanding of how to develop innovative product strategies to build & market platform solutions in cloud-based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Experience in working with globally distributed product, engineering, business, and program teams.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, establish realistic goals and deadlines, and manage changing priorities and expectations.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple product areas and initiatives.
- Build strong business partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to explain the business and technical value of a technical offering to an audience mix of technical and non-technical customer representatives.
- Ability to drive both product and process improvements for the team as aligned with the strategic goals for the organization.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Responsibilities/What you'll do:
- Define and lead the vision and strategy for areas within the Market Intelligence team, provide product thought leadership in identifying the critical customer and business needs from multiple businesses, markets, and domains
- Understand and prioritize platform goals, trade-offs, define product end state, and use market analysis, and collaborate with internal teams to understand product-market fit.
- Own and define the full product lifecycle as a subject matter expert regarding assigned problems and their resulting solutions.
- Collaborate with Engineering to identify feasible and scalable solutions with a frictionless user experience with appropriate scoping, accurate success criteria.
- Create the necessary artifacts to communicate requirements, scope, solution proposals effectively including plans for new features and workflows.
- Participate in and contribute to team rituals (Sprint Planning, Retros, Sprint Demos, Stand-ups).
- Work with Program Management and engineering to ensure products are delivered on schedule and with high-quality results.
- Groom and prioritize the feature and defect backlog on an ongoing basis across multiple timelines and projects in collaboration with engineering and business partners to deliver on the product vision and roadmap.
- Manage the prioritization of features with stakeholders throughout the solution life cycle.
- Take the initiative to resolve problems and provide alternative recommendations thinking through all aspects of a solution.
- Conduct in-depth market research, build, buy, partner analysis, monetization, open-sourcing, & adoption strategies.
- Clearly communicate the larger product vision and specific product requirements across the organization as needed.
- Be the 'evangelist' for your products and platforms, and bring the voice of the business to internal teams.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Support product implementation and deployment.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience.
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.