Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
About the Team
Intelligent Retail Lab (IRL) is a fast-paced, strategic business unit at the forefront of our computer vision artificial intelligencetransformation.We are a diverse team of highly skilled innovators focused on delivering a best-in-class computer vision artificial intelligence platform and process that indexes completeness and accuracy. As a member of our team, you will have a hand in building tomorrow's Walmart.
As theStaff Product Manager at IRL, you and your team will collaborate with store operations, engineering, commercialization, product, and tactical ops to ensure key milestones are met for initiatives, platform setup, maintenance, and delivery; removing obstacles that compromise deadlines.You will partner with Technical, Operational, and Product Leaders to deliver technical solutions for complex Computer Vision AI Products.
Position Description Summary
The Staff Product Manager is responsible forensuring the end-to-end delivery and implementation of a Supply Chain AI Product while enabling a culture of empathy and care. The Staff Product Manager is tasked withusing both analytics and domain knowledge to create tools that make our associates' day-to-day lives better by delivering a world-class Supply Chain Computer Vision AI Solution.The role strives topartner with operations, product, technology, and user experience teams to re-invent the end-to-end experience achieving desired KPI's.
Success in this role requires a unique combination of character traits which include...
- The ability to holistically view and understand the overall product ecosystem to ensure the details don't obscure the overall ability to innovate and make an impact
- A passion for intuitive, easy to use products designed to make life easier for users, which are engineers, tactical and store operations, and fellow associates
- Empathy for users results in a willingness to immerse yourself in feedback to distill insights and get to the root of problems
- A deeply held belief in technology for good allows you to focus on empowering users so they can be more productive with less effort
- A desire to drive measurable results in terms of operating efficiency or income. A corresponding data-driven mindset that can clearly identify, articulate, and quantify the levers that will improve your product(s)
- Familiarity with systems-oriented thinking. An aptitude for diving into the interconnectedness of supply chain, inventory, and financial systems as part of building robust and scalable product(s)
- A desire to work on products that are part of a broader purpose and will drive impact
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You are a strategic thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research,operations research, and design) to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs.
- You are technical and have 10+ years of prior experience with building supply chain computer vision AI products in R&D and production setups
- Have a bias towards action with an eye towards detail. You drive results without being directed. You are able to understand cross-functional needs and ruthlessly prioritize. You make sure other team membersare aligned and empowered to execute.
- Tackle challenges with an entrepreneurial mindset. You'll research, understand and balance all aspects of various problems and approaches, while also crafting scenarios and getting buy-in for the best solution
- Be comfortable operating and executing in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders. You have the empathy and communication skills to understand differing perspectives so you can articulate and deliver solutions that address the needs of multiple constituencies
- Enjoy the journey ofproblem discovery, testing, pivoting, and occasional failure.You view failure as an opportunityto introspect and glean learnings
You'll make an impact by.
- Developing and enhancing products you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
Defining vision and strategiesfor your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges communicate business and customer needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
- Driving business plans and projectsby identifying the customer and operational needs of the product
- Evaluating the effectivenessof your products and initiatives to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness with participating stakeholder
In this role you will:
- Act with a broad scope, autonomy, and a focus on delivering impact
- Seek out, research, and evaluate areas of opportunity to save time and money. Articulate the problem(s) and socialize the proposed solution(s) to relevant stakeholders and colleagues
- Apply structured thinking to your problems in the form of journey mapping, value stream mapping, domain-driven design, root cause analysis, and dependency mapping
- Own the entire product lifecycleincluding discovery, analysis, test and learn goals,MVPs,user stories,sprint execution,launch, and iteration. Develop systemic feedback loops to drive clarity onproduct iteration
- Collaboratewith cross-functional stakeholders such as other product managers, engineers, and operations across multiple offices and time zones
- Assist in championing the vision of enabling a best-in-class experience at our member services desk and changing the culture to one of empathy and care
- Travel up to 25-35% of your time; work remotely with various teams as needed
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience.
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.