Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Are you passionate about developing solutions toenhance customer or associate experiences?Are you a technologist who shares our interest in creating impact through innovation? Does your pulse accelerate when you hear the term systematic application? If so, we'd like to invite you to explore an opportunity to join our Software Engineering team - a group that is rooted in forward thinking, one line of code at a time.
Who are we looking for? An engineer who prides themselves on staying current with the latest technologies, effectively mapping out application features, and understanding that every class, method, and/or module should have a single responsibility. A team player who looks at the day ahead as an opportunity to geek out and tackle the challenges brought forth by the software development lifecycle.
Here at Walmart, we are technology enabled and human led. We are interested in creating a seamless interface and we are committed to spearheading a technological revolution one that transforms every touchpoint and optimizes every exchange. Our teams of Software Engineers are at the forefront of this mission.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- 10+ years of experience working with backend systems; preferred:
- Experience building highly scalable/performant systems.
- Hands-on experience with any OO language. Though we work on Java 11.
- Experience building and working with microservices, rest APIs.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Experience and understanding of distributed messaging platforms.
- Experience working with cloud platforms.
- Experience designing systems with a focus on scalability, throughput, latency.
- Experience with replication and multi-region setup is a plus.
- Experience with streaming platforms (Apache Flink, Spark, Siddhi, etc.) will be a plus.
You'll make an impact by:
- Leading the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions.
- Implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshooting business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause);
- Engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action.
- Performing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Leading the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Web Operations, project management, business and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Leading and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams.
- Troubleshoot open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; bench marking industry against internal processes and solutions; researching or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs; and defining software development guidelines, standards and processes.
- Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance; accordingly.
- Develop contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment.
- Establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.