Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions. Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
About the team
Global Integrated Fulfillment (GIF) is a centralized Walmart fulfillment system aimed at picking and delivering customer orders on time.
As an Engineer on the GIF team, you will be working with cutting-edge technology to build awesome fulfillment platform. The platform will empower our customers to get their orders with quality and on time. At the same time, platform will help improve productivity of our store associates by providing short path to pick items and focus on quality of items picked and customer satisfaction.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers with the desire to disrupt the fulfillment industry. A qualified applicant will be someone who likes to win as a team, who is purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You have experience working in Retail / Fulfillment areas.
- You have experience designing highly available, reliable, scalable, multi-tenant and high performance capabilities.
- You treat Security and Privacy as first-class citizens when designing solutions.
- You know how to incrementally design ideal solution.
You'll make an impact by:
As a Principal Architect, you will be responsible for leading solution architecture and coaching our staff engineers who are an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the Fulfillment team and work with the larger organization to deliver innovative and delightful experience to our customers and associates.
What you'll bring:
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices, technologies, architectures, and emerging technologies specifically in fulfillment systems landscape
- Experience delivering long-term architectural solutions for applications atscale leveraging public cloud.
- Experience in architecting, designing, and developing large scale data solutions utilizing a mixture of Big Data and Relational database.
- Experience driving engineering design using Agile process to drive innovation, accelerate decisions and outcomes while minimizing risk.
- Experience in making successful trade-offs that balance the short- and long-term goals and initiatives.
- Ability to work with cross-org stakeholders to plan and deliver critical services.
- Contribute to the development lifecycle in all phasesfrom initial ideation, to implementation, and testing.
- A strong commitment to mentorship and making your fellow engineers better.
- Extensive experience guiding engineering teams in architecting large-scale, high-throughput environments.
- 7+ years of experience delivering highly scalable and resilient services using Java, Spring & SQL architecture.
- 7+ years of experience designing secure and scalable services on Azure.
- 7+ years of Azure, GCP or similar cloud services experience.
- In-depth experience delivering geo-distributed architectural solutions.
- Strong ability to orchestrate, maintain, and deploy services using infrastructure as code and containerized deployments.
- Solid working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Solid working knowledge of distributed event streaming architecture (Kafka preferred).
- Experience building and working in a Continuous Delivery environment.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.