We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer who is proficient with mobile application development to join our Point of Sale team for Walmart. This candidate would require to be proficient with React Native, Redux, Native Bridge development, Android-Kotlin/iOS-Swift development to design and architect this application with a React-Native View leveraging Native code as needed.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
· You have a deep interest and passion for technology and want to build next-generation front end applications. You come from the retail industry.
· You are curious about building highly available, highly resilient systems with single-digit latency and want to build them in real life where every day you are solving a new challenge and learning new things. You have had a role that consists of designing, developing code, bug fixing, and DevOps.
· You are a person who wants to work in a company where 56 million items are sold on a holiday at 1000 transactions per second.
· You are a fast learner and have strong problem-solving, analytic, decision-making skills.
· You have excellent communication with interpersonal skills.
· You are self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
· You enjoy taking ownership and delivering on a commitment.
Preferred (not Required) skills:
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists, and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers' shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America