Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Imagine working in an environment where you can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists, and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates.
Service to the customer
Respect for the individual
Strive for excellence
Act with integrity
On the Membership Experience Engineering team at Walmart, we provide technology to power shopping journeys that help hundreds of millions of customers live better be it busy families getting groceries easily, new parents welcoming a new baby, organizing a new home or anyone planning a fun party. We strive to create the best shopping experience anywhere anytime, meeting customers' evolving needs and expectations.
Walmart+ is pioneering the way people experience online and in-store shopping. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to help us design and improve customer membership experience and build scalable Web platforms. We are just getting started on membership experience and this is a very critical role to shape the face of Walmart+.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the discovery phase of large Web Engineering projects by collaborating with cross-functional teams to determine project strategy; interpreting strategy into sustainable Web solutions; driving prototype development to ensure concept is feasible; and implementing prototypes to validate projects.
- Troubleshoot business and production issues for Web applications by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause, etc.); then engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of found issues. Upon issue resolution, perform a root cause analysis across multiple Web browsers to prevent future occurrence.
- Lead project teams for Web Engineering projects by providing direction regarding project plan; identifying short- and long-term solutions and timelines; providing guidance regarding project issues or roadblocks; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Develop innovative Web technology solutions and strategies to support business objectives by collaborating with cross-functional business partners; developing assessments of key opportunities; benchmarking and analyzing industry best practices; forecasting for future technologies; driving high-priority initiatives; identifying and implementing solutions; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; influencing the industry to adopt sustainable solutions; and defining software development guidelines, standards, and processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine project requirements; translating requirements into Web solutions for Front-end system; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code (for example, React/Type Script) that can be applied to multiple types of Web browsers; developing user interface solutions; conducting testing to ensure solution is functional; communicating project status and roadblocks to team members and stakeholders; determining solutions to issues; enhancing design to prevent reoccurrence of defects across multiple browsers; ensuring on-time delivery; and collaborating with project managers to provide guidance on project implementation plan.
- Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for Associates (including offshore Associates) by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promote and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
- Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost- effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 7+ years of professional experience in various elements of full stack software development native mobile, web front end, back end, and hands-on coding experience in the past
- Experience with a consumer facing Web app and ecommerce or retail shopping
- Hands-on experience building scalable backend systems and platforms
- Previous knowledge of
- Designing and developing advanced applications for the Web platform
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Experience with bug fixing and improving application performance
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Experience with the agile methodology Scrum
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Proven software development experience and Web skills development
- Experience translating wireframes into pixel-perfect views
- Knowledgeable about animation and screen transitions
- Have published at least one original Web app
- Experience with Web framework, Services, and various methods of background processing
- Experience working with remote data via REST, JSON, Google Cloud Messaging, and the HTTP protocol
- Experience with Google Play APIs: Maps, Location, and Cloud Messaging
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with analysis of memory issues using Web analytics tools, e.g. Light house
- Working knowledge of the Web Api, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full Web development life cycle and writing readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented code
- Experience working with React, Type Script, NextJs, Server/Client side rendering, Functional Programming, and other architectures
- Experience working with an orchestration Layer and GraphQL
- Experience operating in an Agile environment and using tracking tools like Jira
- Being a team player, critical thinker, and exhibiting problem-solving skills
- Having optimal time-management skills and interpersonal and communication skills
- Eagerness to help shape the direction of Web development at Walmart
- Dedication to continue to learn, grow, and help Walmart tackle brand new challenges
- Collaborating with UI and UX Designers, as well as Software Testers, to ensure that each app is presentable and in perfect working order.
- Experience with collaborating with UI and UX Designers, as well as Software Testers, to ensure that Walmart's app is presentable and in perfect working order
- Taking the initiative to monitor app reviews to detect areas for improvement
- Unwavering curiosity
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
800 W California Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.