Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Connect (WMC) is looking for an experienced data-driven strategist, storyteller and marketing insights guru to partner with Sales to drive growth and excellence across Entertainment, Toys & Video Games, Apparel accounts.
As the lead strategist, you will be an expert resource for the category, leading it by leveraging omnichannel insights to create marketing and media strategies that drive growth for Walmart Connect's brand partners through go-to-market strategic recommendations, sales enablement playbooks, and marketing collateral.
This position sits under WMC Marketing and reports to the Director of Vertical Brand Strategy.
Ideal candidate profile:
We're looking for ambitious, exceptionally smart and strategic, people-oriented folks who are excited to solve business challenges in creative and agile ways.
The ideal candidate has a proactive and consultative approach, brings deep industry and category experience, is highly analytical and exceptionally articulate in crafting insights-driven strategies. They are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Become WMC's master strategist, empowering WMC Sales to drive internal and external partnerships and growth for Entertainment, Toys & Video Games, Apparel accounts by:
- Developing insights-driven and trends-based category deep dives and strategic recommendations that uncover opportunities for brands to connect with Walmart customers and grow through WMC's omnichannel media and integrated marketing solutions: always-on (Walmart.com/app), always-in (Walmart stores) and pulse (seasonals and category moments)specifically to enable Entertainment, Toys & Video Games, Apparel partnerships. These are actions-oriented and directly linked to WMC's media and omni marketing solutions.
- This includes sourcing intelligence to create category deep dives and strategic recommendations, media strategy playbooks, marketing collateral, etc.
- It also involves supporting JBPs, QBRs, Top-to-tops, Immersion Days, One Walmart sessions, and ad hoc requests for sizeable pitches.
Producing best-in-class case studies that bring WMC's solutions, and media and marketing activations to life through a strong insights-driven and customer-centric narrative, for pre-sales support and external marketing.
- Drive a One Walmart go-to-market approach by proactively leading partnerships with enterprise and WMC cross-functional stakeholders, to align WMC's recommendations for suppliers with Walmart's merchandising and marketing strategies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with centers of excellence to mine and produce intelligence, as well as with the rest of the WMC Marketing team to drive omnichannel solutions, and support brand marketing and external communications.
- Consistently deliver a balance of analytical rigor and storytelling in every single output and communication, always being prepared to convey insights and influence with a strong point of view.
- Demonstrate a spirit of partnership, collaboration, and operational agility and excellence.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and highly driven.
- Have an eye for detail and a mind for strategy.
- Relevant bachelor's degree for this role. MBA or advanced-level academic degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience working cross-functionally in brand or performance marketing, strategic planning, or digital advertising or media.
- Relevant agency, media or brand-side Entertainment, Toys & Video Games, Apparel category experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A balance of right brain, left brain: Being highly analytical, curious by data and articulate in connecting insights to strategies that demonstrate creativitythat have a compelling story arc and narrative.
THE BONUS - STRONGLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Retail/e-commerce experience.
Vertical Brand Strategy
At WMC, Vertical Brand Strategy leverages data and insights on customers, categories, trends, etc. to create actions-oriented sales enablement strategies that articulate how our client and agency partners can better connect with customers, to grow their business and drive results at Walmart through WMC media and marketing solutions.
Vertical Brand Strategy is focused on driving partnerships and investment in WMC.
About Walmart Media Group
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Want to re-imagine how the world's largest omni-channel consumer database can be used to power targeted campaigns for the largest brands in the world? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart and are looking for some great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and shoppers at unprecedented scale. As stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us each week. This is a unique opportunity to join a high-visibility team with a big impact on our omni-channel business. We believe all digital advertising across search, display, video and experiential can be targeted, effective and accountable and we have Walmart's retail sales data to prove it.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 1 year's experience in marketing or related field OR 5 years' experience in marketing or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
MarketingMasters: Business Administration
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainabilityand everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industriesall while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.