ollow-up, cold calling, organizing and communicating technical seminars, demos, application feasibility tests, and customer support and training.
- Perform demonstrations to drive new and repeat sales as defined in the Strategic Territory Plan, and on an as needed basis• Develop detailed business plans, organize, accurately forecast territory results, provide market intelligence, implement value selling, and leverage applications to identify companies and departments that could benefit from Wyatt technology
- Sell new products by establishing key customers relationships and understanding customer application needs.
- Collaborate with the Inside Sales Department, Marketing Department, and Business Development teams.
- Participate on the Key Account Development program for defined key accounts in the territory.
- Maintain a knowledge of our products, their applications, and our competitors’ offerings.
- Develop proficiency with Wyatt products, value positioning, competitors, and core applications.
- Build trust with customers and colleagues and maintain the highest level of integrity while building long-term relationships with customers and establishing yourself as a trusted, inspiring leader
- Supervise driven activity and industry trends, develops competitive solutions to meet sales goals.
- Timely submit forecasts, weekly reports, monthly highlights, marketing intelligence, and other related reports for defined territory to supervisor using CRM tools.
- Maintain accurate and current records of proposals, opportunities, accounts, contacts, leads and actions through CRM within defined territory. Maintain daily and weekly updates.
- Keep manager abreast of any new developments in the marketplace (competitive, product, customer, wins/losses, etc.).
- Present the company’s products in a positive manner and maintain/build our reputation in the marketplace.
- Continual self-education of Wyatt technology and related applications, formal sales training classes, online learning, reading of Sales and Account Management books, and coaching from a team of sales and technical mentors.
- Travel as needed for sales meetings, sales training and tradeshows.
- BS or higher in Chemistry, Biology, or Biochemistry. 5 years of in field sales experiences.
- Zero to Five years sales experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Formal training in consultative and value selling
- Prior experience in a technical lab or field support role is a plus
- Highly motivated to achieve targets
- Well organized, on time, reliable
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to communicate clearly and optimally with customers and colleagues
- Strong team and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to travel. Anticipated travel up to 60%. International travel may be necessary on occasion.
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Three (3) years as Account Manager exceeding budget
- Three (3) years’ experience selling solutions involving instrument, software and consumables Three (3) years of hands-on experience with light scattering, HPLC or related analytical instruments
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical characterization technique
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to learn and use CRM quickly and efficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication and social skills, advanced computer skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis.
- Substantiated capability to negotiate and close business.
The general base pay for this position ranges from $82,000 to $109,000 per year. Pay is based on several factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
A career with Waters / Wyatt Technology
Waters and Wyatt share a science-led heritage and a customer-focused culture, and solving the most critical scientific challenges is a powerful mission that unites us both. We are One Company with One Focus, providing customers with cutting edge technologies and scientific expertise to support the research, development, and delivery of novel therapeutics and next-generation materials. By joining our company, you’ll join a collaborative team of innovators and problem-solvers, a team that is working hard to leave the world better than we found it. We support our employees as they achieve success at work and beyond, realizing rewarding careers, healthy lives, and bright futures. One Company. One Focus.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
sales, chromatography, UPLC, LC/MS, MS, field, customer, laboratories, biochemistry, marketing, communication, light scattering