We give employees access to skill building opportunities on the job, training, and opportunity to contribute to leading edge projects
In 2018, we formalized our Diversity and Inclusion business function, ensuring leadership alignment and harmonizing processes
The Human Rights Campaign awarded Western Digital a perfect score on diverse and inclusive workspace for LGBTQ employees
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Own and lead
· Wet Etch process Technology Development and/or Pathfinding aspects for continued technology scaling of performance vs cost
All aspects of Wet Etch process engineering for Western Digital’s next generation memory development in front-end CMOS and back-end CELL fields.
· Possess a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree in any engineering or science discipline related to semiconductor fabrication.
· 4+ (PhD) or 6+ (MS) or 8+ (BS) years of experience in Wet Etch process Technology Development and/or Pathfinding divisions of DRAM, NAND Flash and/or Logic semiconductor fabrication.
· Experience in (i) determining the required equipment selection including configuration, capabilities, and evaluations (ii) driving fab materials/processes and working with equipment and chemical vendors with clarity on problem statement, success criteria and strategy (iii) leading cross-functional projects under ambiguity and constraints.
· Deep technical understanding of (a) semiconductor process and integration in CMOS/logic and/or memory fields (b) Wet etch, cleans and drying chemistries, techniques and theories and able to apply fundamental principles in process development.
· Experience in training/coaching other engineers to build a world class team, valuing company’s culture, to meet division goals (yield, reliability, and cost)
· This role will have a wide span of control with a great degree of visibility, offering a unique opportunity to drive key Wet Etch process engineering efforts of a novel memory technology having a material market impact.
· Direct experience taking a novel technology from concept to high volume manufacturing.
· Experience working on multi-layer cross-point memory architectures.
· Experience developing wet Etch processes on various tool configurations (single wafer and batch) and from various vendors.
· Experience with applying advanced cleaning and drying techniques to high aspect ratio features.
· Understanding of novel memory and magnetic materials and their interactions with wet Etch chemistries.
· Experience with formulation, characterization and qualification of new wet Etch chemistries for novel processes.
· Team player and able to mentor other process engineers.
· Adaptable and agile with a mindset to drive innovation concurrently with execution.
· Understanding of various analytical techniques for process development and pathfinding.
· Data mining and analyses skills and able to make data-driven projections and decisions.
. Able to leverage structured approaches and methods to problem solving.
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Compensation & Benefits Details
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Part time policy
Short term disability
Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. We believe people can achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Everywhere data lives – from energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to making cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud – we fuel a brighter, smarter future. Today’s data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.