Who we are looking for: As a Senior Enterprise Architect, you will determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions that minimizes complexity and cost and provide an integrated enterprise-wide application and infrastructure solution that meets the breath of evolving and fast changing business requirements. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for leading and participating in multiple consulting projects, performing architecture reviews, and ensuring the further development of business models and corresponding IT landscape. This role is responsible for conducting business reviews, documenting current systems, and developing recommendations of how to proceed with the IT systems. This role addresses challenges of system integration, cybersecurity, compatibility, and multiple platforms. Responsible for the technical correctness and completeness of the integrated business and systems design. Contributes to the planning of the overall organizational IS strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assess the existing application and system landscape to minimize redundancies and inconsistencies and investigate new IT capabilities including mobile computing, cloud computing and integration.
- Strategic support to top management to identify challenges and prepare holistic decision proposals
- Lead requirement workshops, decision meetings and collaborative sessions to gather and structure business requirements.
- Creating and anchoring architecture artifacts and templates, and enable the organization to implement a reliable, available, secure, and cost-effective enterprise architecture.
- Support the further development of the process and system landscape in line with the changing business models and requirements resulting from digitalization.
- Moderation, coordination as well as organization to bring about decision on complex and high impact architecture topics to ensure architecture compliance and thus improve the maturity of the architecture landscape across the enterprise.
- Continuously evolve the architecture framework, including defining enterprise architecture principles, guidelines, and standards, based on internal and external best practices.
- Assist other architects in making the best use of enterprise architecture standards, best practices, assets, and frameworks Identify and continuously improve architecture processes, tools, and governance mechanisms.
- Analyze cross-industry IT and EA trends and best practices and make recommendations to improve IT and EA capabilities.
- Several years of experience in designing and implementing complex business applications as an architect and/or (partial) project manager • Several years of experience as enterprise architect in complex heterogeneous IT landscapes
- Advanced knowledge of service-oriented architecture
- Profound demonstrable experience in the definition and implementation of an enterprise architecture
- Ability to agree and implement roadmaps based on digitalization/IT strategies
- Seasoned expert in at least three of the following technology topics: Cloud Architecture (e.g. Azure, AWS), SAP C/4, SAP ERP, S/4HANA, Integration (e.g. SAP CPI, mulesoft, Axway), Process Orchestration. Knowledge of various middleware
- Advanced skills in creating and maintaining technical documentation and experienced in Sparx EA, LeanIX and PlanningIT for several years • Proven track record in Enterprise Architecture Management (e.g. TOGAF certification) and common EAM methodologies and frameworks (e.g. MEGA, Enterprise Architect)
- Strong knowledge of market, industry, and business fundamentals
Interpersonal & Communication Skills:
- Strong coaching and leadership experience and excellent interpersonal skills such as teamwork
- Facilitates discussion, out of the box thinking and differing perspectives while able to set the course
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team including flexibility to support multiple locations
- Effective facilitation, presentation, and communication skills ("story telling"), analytical mindset and structured approach, and ability to work in large matrix organizations
- Strong communication and assertiveness skills as well as diplomatic skills in dealing with relevant stakeholders, especially with members of the development teams
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science and / or business
- Fluent German and English
- Willingness to travel 30%
Key requirement - please consider Relocation to Germany is not provided
***** People with disabilities with appropriate suitability are in favour. *****
IT Strategy & Transformation