Target Pricing Lead (M/F/D)
Munich/Anywhere in Germany
Disciplinary Manager - Ann Korioth
Company Unit: Wipro Technologies GmBH
Business Unit: Business Finance
The purpose of the Target Pricing Lead role is to build and lead a global competitive intelligence and target pricing capability for Wipro. This global capability will support sales pursuit teams on multi-tower IT and BPO outsourcing, generally over $30M TCV, to develop deal-specific target price ranges, perform client business case and savings analysis, and drive competitive awareness. The lead will collaborate with internal finance, CIO systems teams, and solution teams to develop and enhance the tools, templates, and data management model to capture, analyze and output internal and external benchmarks.
The lead will stay current on market trends, competitor behavior, and the latest in solution trends.
This role is a part of Wipro Germany i.e. Wipro technologies GmbH. People with disabilities with appropriate suitability are in favour.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To develop deal-specific target pricing ranges and allowable cost using internal and external benchmarks, understanding of market solutions, and market conditions.
- To identify trends across pursuits (pyramids, shoring, skill segmentation, productivity, commercial constructs etc) and provide guidance on optimization and process improvements, if applicable
- To provide subject matter expertise to pursuit finance / commercial leads on business case development, commercial presentations to clients, and insights into market positions on commercial terms and conditions
- To collaborate with solution and delivery teams to synthesize internal metrics with market data and benchmarking datasets
- To participate in Win Strategy sessions for priority opportunities
- To collaborate and oversee development (or enhancement) of competitive pricing tools and templates supporting the target pricing capability
- To define, monitor, analyze and report on Target Pricing capability adoption and effectiveness
- Relevant CI / PTW Experience: In excess of five years experience working in a mature competitive intelligence and/or Price to Win practice covering application, infrastructure, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.
- Data and Analytics: Strong affinity for and understanding of data models, analytics, and visualization methods and presentation
- Deal Shaping: Experience in commercial / financial deal shaping preferred, but not mandatory
- Finance Knowledge: Strong business and financial acumen, understanding finance and accounting concepts (e.g., revenue (and cost) recognition rules.) Able to understand the Client’s business and financial requirements, analyze spend information, relevant capex vs opex data and assist the Sales, Financial and Solutioning team to interpret these into the necessary cost/pricing models.
- Stakeholder and Resource Management: Able to navigate through the global organization, up to Senior Management level. Demonstrates proven ability to lead and collaborate in a virtual team environment with finance leaders, solution executives, and solution tower leads to create a cohesive and productive performance culture, mentoring and educating as needed to develop team individuals and appropriately resolve issues/conflicts ‘real time’.
- Professionalism: Acting as a role model, mentoring and supporting benchmarking team members as required, with a high level of self-management. Maintains technical knowledge that enables them to understand and positively challenge technical bid team members. Ensures lessons learned are conducted as appropriate and proactively reviews the work progress and quality across all benchmarking team members. Should possess excellent communications skills to be able to effectively communicate with the various stakeholders.
- MBA Finance with 14+ years experience, and minimum 5+ years experience in a leadership position.
- Excellent inter-personal and comunication skills
- Experience working in mature price to win or competitive pricing practice
- Strong competitive analysis skills
- Advanced pricing and commercial strategy development, and profitability optimization experience
- Experience in deal shaping and negotiations a plus
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting