Role: Linux System Engineer
Location: Tampa, FL
The System Administrator, Linux Engineering is responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of Linux systems hardware and related infrastructure. The SysAdmin will be focused on improving the stability and performance of the systems, maintaining, and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
This individual is accountable for intel and System Z Linux systems that support infrastructure core applications. Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual operation. The environment is a fast paced one, so the successful candidate must be able to prioritize effectively and work independently in a dynamic environment.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
· Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
· Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Install and configure systems which support infrastructure and/or R&D activities.
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
· Contribute to and maintain system standards.
· Contribute to and maintain security posture of the system in accordance with written policies and procedure.
· Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage existing resources
· Install and maintain security patches on the operational and development system, which includes but is not limited to, Red Hat Linux on intel, RedHat Linux on System Z, MySQL,, JBoss, VMWare, Zend, and Apache web services.
· Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
· Create, change, and delete user accounts per request as necessary.
· Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to make critical decisions affecting system availability and security posture
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently
· Commitment to continual improvement of the technical aspects of the system and operational automation
· Deep Experience with any of the following technologies: Puppet, RedHat Satellite, MySQL, github.
· A 4-year degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, IT, systems, etc.) or equivalent experience.
Unconscious bias training
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading technology services and consulting company focused on building innovative solutions that address clients’ most complex digital transformation needs. Leveraging our holistic portfolio of capabilities in consulting, design, engineering, and operations, we help clients realize their boldest ambitions and build future-ready, sustainable businesses. With over 240,000 employees and business partners across 66 countries, we deliver on the promise of helping our customers, colleagues, and communities thrive in an ever-changing world.