Based in WWE’s Stamford, CT HQ, the Manager, International will work with and form a team with the SVP, International to identify and develop new business opportunities primarily focused on content distribution via broadcast, digital and emerging platforms globally; and maintain operational excellence
- Identify new business opportunities for traditional broadcast, digital and emerging platforms
- Develop distribution strategies for each market based on an integrated approach to developing business across multiple lines (media distribution, live events, consumer products, sponsorship, talent development, etc.)
- Conduct market analysis, performance reporting, and competitor analysis reports with aim to achieve optimum value in market
- Monitor the competitive landscape to ensure WWE’s growth trajectory continues and the business continues to innovate
- Secure content licenses (e.g. TV / PPV / VOD / IPTV / Mobile / Digital) across international markets
- Secure digital media agreements for WWE’s short and long form content, across all established and developing platforms and devices
- Provide ongoing sales support to TV and Digital clients and serve as critical point person for external clients and internal stakeholders
- Help support all facets of the daily operations of the International department.
- Conduct continuous prospecting and research across all international markets and all platforms
- Provide general support across the global content business as it pertains to Production, Programming, Marketing, Live Events, Consumer Products, Finance, etc.
- Assist the International team by supporting the day-to-day departmental and cross-functional initiatives.
- Liaise with International content production team on new and current affiliate business status and track accordingly
- Schedule and attend meetings at key trade conventions (Sportel, MIPCOM, NATPE, MIPTV, Discop, etc.)
- Coordinate and track deliverables and accomplishments across multiple initiatives/projects.
- Stay up-to-date on organizational operating policies and procedures (i.e., Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure appropriate protocols are followed, and facilitate accordingly.
- Assist with all strategic initiatives and tactical deliverables across multiple functional areas, such as Finance, HR, and Legal.
- Help sustain a positive, entrepreneurial and high performing culture to facilitate delivery of strategic goals.
Experience and Requirements:
- MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of related experience in TV and Digital Media Distribution with/for a major cross-media, international sports, or entertainment company
- Firm understanding of digital media distribution and emerging technologies
- A fearless winner with a proven track record of success and pushing new boundaries
- Charismatic presentation skills and exceptional negotiating/deal-making ability
- Self-motivated and able to creatively overcome obstacles and objections
- Masterly in multi-tasking and weighing the competing interest of various internal stakeholders
- Intelligent and analytically robust with excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding facilitator for cross-functional thinking to define complex issues, generate ideas, influence thinking, and build consensus around decisions.
- Leadership potential and passion to grow into increased responsibilities
- Able to drive audience research and analysis to create an environment of continuous improvement within the team
- Strong experience interacting with and presenting to senior executives.
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Web)
- Good understanding of the WWE brand and audience specifically, as well as the broader sports, media and technology landscape
- Willing and able to travel regularly and extensively to key markets and manage market complexity
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while staying highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Willing and able to travel for business (approximately 20%) and work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.