VP OF SPECIAL EVENTS
- Develop and maintain relationships with large stadium management companies and event booking agencies, such as AEG, ASM, Legends, OVG, Live Nation and individual management at large stadium venues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with government agencies, convention and visitors’ bureaus, sports commissions, and other public and private bodies that attract large events to cities and stadiums.
- Manage RFP Process for WWE’s five biggest premium live events, including being the primary point of contact with stadium management companies, convention and visitors’ bureaus, and sports commissions.
- After cultivating relationships, arrange introductions to venue management or stadium management company personnel for EVP and other senior leadership to facilitate negotiation of contract terms to host WWE’s five largest major live events.
- Assist EVP and SVP in negotiating or, as necessary, be capable of negotiating deals for the hosting of WWE’s five biggest premium live events, including terms related to use of the building such as shares of revenue related to events and the negotiation for local public or private financial investments to attract the events.
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking government and private investments to attract events, such as Final Four, College Football Championship, Super Bowl, and national political conventions, including understanding bidding processes, tracking bid winners and losers, and confirming investments made to secure events.
- Evaluate and develop relationships with contacts regarding potential international markets for large scale international events.
- Develop and refine a strategic approach to routing of large premium live events to ensure optimum balance of geographic markets, economic impact, and timing.
- Oversee the creation and refinement of Economic Impact Reports from WWE’s five biggest premium live events to demonstrate the positive economic activity generated for a municipality that hosts WWE’s biggest events as a basis for encouraging related investments to attract such events.
- Track traditional and social media impressions for WWE’s five largest events, as well as international events.
- Oversee the use and allocation of ancillary spaces at major live events, including working with internal constituents to optimize use for hospitality, sponsorship activation, retail, and community engagement activities.
- Work with EVP and SVP to appropriately allocate building inventory among internal constituents, including tickets, suites, hospitality access, and guest accommodations.
- Design and create pitch materials and assist EVP and/or SVP with delivering pitches to municipalities, sports commissions, stadium operators, or convention and visitors’ bureaus in meetings with potential host cities to discuss hosting events and making investments to attract the event.
- Impeccable character and an uncompromising commitment to honesty and integrity.
- An exceptional educational and professional background, including at least a bachelor’s degree from a prominent national university and preferably a relevant graduate degree in business with a concentration in finance or accounting.
- A professional background that includes experience negotiating terms for, booking, or managing major live, stadium-sized events and/or sports and event management or stadium management.
- Strong working knowledge of the sports and entertainment industry including the structure of various business agreements and rules, regulations and procedures relating to national and international venues.
- Extensive network of external industry-related contacts including relationships with stadium management companies, booking companies, management at large venues, and promotional companies, trade associations, special event organizers, live entertainment providers, sports properties that own their own venue, and sports governing bodies.
- A network of relationships with public and private bodies tasked with attracting events, including convention and visitors’ bureaus, stadium authorities, sports commissions, and similar entities.
- Extensive knowledge of the structure of financial deals to host major live events, including knowledge of public-private partnerships to host events, investments in site fees to attract events, ticketing revenues and application of related fees, facility fees, parking and concession revenues, advertising rights, and the market for license terms between venues and promoters related to events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with colleagues, external constituents, and command respect from all areas of the internal organization and external business partners.
- Excellent organization and planning skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of deal valuation and ROI/ROO measurement practices, with an experienced record of using data and analytics to drive profitability.
- Demonstrated deal making success, strong financial skills, and an understanding of the large live events and professional sports marketplaces.