FGB'ers gave this company a 4/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Zimmer Biomet rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Workplace flexibility with on-site, remote, or partial remote work assignments.
Global ERGs, including Women-Inspired Network, sponsored by executive leadership & focused on professional networking, growth, development
Family-friendly benefits and support for new parents including multiple paid leave options, adoption assistance and wellness programs
Provides support to reduce lead times, improve efficiency, reduce cost, and improve quality in the manufacturing cells. Provides support to senior team members in the development and deployment of standardized best practice methodologies across the global manufacturing network. Provides support to senior team members in the development, implementation, and communication of strategies that meet the goal of producing high quality product at high levels of efficiency for our customer. Responsible for gathering relevant, factual information and data required for problem solving.
• Assist in the development, implementation, and communication of strategies that meet the goal of producing high quality products at high levels of efficiency for our customers
• Assist in the implementation of continuous improvement activities. Assists in the application of lean manufacturing to eliminate waste, reduce lead times and improve product quality
• Responsible for gathering relevant, factual information and data required for problem solving.
• Participates in structured problem solving using Six Sigma methodologies.
• Formulate procedures, specifications, and standards for products and processes. Prepares manufacturing process work instructions and operating procedures and can implement those instructions on the production floor by both providing training and facilitating discussions to address issues.
• Implements process changes through the Change Management System.
• Collect and analyze information to improve the performance of the department and identify areas for improvement.
• Provide support for engineering related projects for the Advance Manufacturing team.
• In-depth knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
• In-depth knowledge of Six Sigma
• Broad knowledge and experience with project management tools and methods
• Demonstrated ability to lead and coach the implementation of transactional improvements through cross-functional teams by listening and utilizing influence skills. (leadership)
• Able to take action in solving problems and making decisions while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues, able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics. (decision-making &problem solving)
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) in a clear and concise manner. (communicate)
• Presentation skills. Able to clearly present information; influence or persuade others through oral presentations in positive and negative circumstances, listens well.
• Must possess a collaborative style to work effectively throughout the organization. Able to work with people in such a manner as to minimize resistance to change and commitment to goals and objectives.
• Able to influence actions and opinions of others in a desired direction, to exhibit judgment in leading others to worthwhile objectives.
• Must be proficient in MS Office Applications.
• Degree / Diploma/Certificate in Science, Engineering, or other technical disciplines
• Six Sigma Green Belt Qualification
Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader with a comprehensive portfolio designed to maximize mobility and improve health. We seamlessly transform the patient experience through our innovative products and suite of integrated digital and robotic technologies that leverage data, data analytics and artificial intelligence.
With 90+ years of trusted leadership and proven expertise, Zimmer Biomet is positioned to deliver the highest quality solutions to patients and providers. Our legacy continues to come to life today through our progressive culture of evolution and innovation.