FGB'ers gave this company a 4/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Zimmer Biomet rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Workplace flexibility with on-site, remote, or partial remote work assignments.
Global ERGs, including Women-Inspired Network, sponsored by executive leadership & focused on professional networking, growth, development
Family-friendly benefits and support for new parents including multiple paid leave options, adoption assistance and wellness programs
Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
The senior manufacturing engineer is responsible for providing manufacturing engineering services to support efficient manufacturing processes. Engineering services may include cell management, process development, project management, process validation, tool design, and trouble shooting.
Creating, maintaining, and improving controlled technical documents such as prints, procedures, bill of materials and routers. Supporting a wide variety of processing applications such as machining, finishing, forging, casting, cleaning, heat treating, bonding, molding, etc. Conducting feasibility study to estimate product cost and analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements Establishing and improving process methods which meet performance and quality requirements Developing and executing project plans and schedules for work activities Communicate (written and verbal) direction and project plans with appropriate personnel from other departments. Evaluating multiple options to select the most appropriate processes and machining methods Execute equipment qualification or process validation project(s)
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and might not necessarily comprise all of the essential functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Skilled and knowledgeable in manufacturing and new product processing
• Competence with drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
• Ability to balance marketing, manufacturing, and design requirements to meet customer requirements
• Ability to lead and prioritize multiple medium complexity project assignments and complete work in a timely manner
• Good problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools
• Ability to effectively work within a cross-functional team to complete critical project tasks
• Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced with control procedures, such as the Change Management System, Nonconformance Reports, Engineering Specifications, Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), and Work Instructions
• Proficient with Statistical Process Control concepts, process development, CNC programming terminology, and tooling design concepts
• Microsoft Office Suite and Project
B.S. in engineering with a minimum of 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience. Or other technical or advanced degree plus 5 years of experience in an engineering or technical role.
• Knowledge in Lean Principles and or Six Sigma or other problem solving methodology is preferred.
• Up to 10%
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader with a comprehensive portfolio designed to maximize mobility and improve health. We seamlessly transform the patient experience through our innovative products and suite of integrated digital and robotic technologies that leverage data, data analytics and artificial intelligence.
With 90+ years of trusted leadership and proven expertise, Zimmer Biomet is positioned to deliver the highest quality solutions to patients and providers. Our legacy continues to come to life today through our progressive culture of evolution and innovation.