FGB'ers gave this company a 4/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Zimmer Biomet rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Workplace flexibility with on-site, remote, or partial remote work assignments.
Global ERGs, including Women-Inspired Network, sponsored by executive leadership & focused on professional networking, growth, development
Family-friendly benefits and support for new parents including multiple paid leave options, adoption assistance and wellness programs
Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
Plant Engineering Utility Operators are responsible for the daily operations of all plant utility systems that support manufacturing operations and office buildings. Plant utility systems include, but are not limited to, all types of HVAC, waste water treatment equipment, hazardous waste handling, dust and mist collection systems, emergency power generation systems, fire protection systems, compressed air and vacuum systems, cooling water systems, well water systems, etc. Operators will be expected to perform all aspects of the operation of the utility systems including handling of hazardous chemicals, acids, bases, corrosive solutions, and bulk dust that contain metals and manufacturing debris. Plant utility systems are regulated both internally and externally by multiple authorities including local municipalities, state, and federal agencies; operators will be expected to follow good documentation practices with precision and accuracy recording information that is used in reporting to these governing bodies. Operators will perform various tests including chemical titrations, pH measurements, weights and measures, oil sampling, water sampling and data collection that will be used in both operational decisions and reporting. Operators will also be responsible for the preventative maintenance of the utility equipment including cleaning, filter changes, basic repairs and corrective actions.
• Enough general knowledge of electricity, plumbing and machinery to work safely around it and perform basic preventative maintenance on utility and HVAC systems.
• Ability to use basic measuring, monitoring tools and gauges to gather data, then accurately and precisely record data for review and reporting to regulating authorities.
• Must have general knowledge off basic chemistry including acids, bases, solutions, neutralizers, petroleum oils, lubricants, and fuels
• Must have general knowledge about valve positions, level indications, scales for weights and measures, log sheets, metal sorting, and hazardous materials identification
• Must be familiar with all types of pumps for water and sludge and the use of basic tools for their operation and preventative maintenance.
• Must have basic knowledge of dust collection and conveyance systems including preventative maintenance of the equipment.
• Ability to physically handle bags of salt, chemical barrels, and other heavy bulk materials
• Ability to safely use fork trucks, personnel lifts, and other powered industrial vehicles
• Be part of a team and be able to effectively communicate with all levels in the team and organization
• Must demonstrate initiative, be a self-starter, not require continuous supervision to accomplish tasks with high quality, accuracy, precision and workmanship; must have a willingness to learn with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Able to walk, crawl, bend, twist, squat, stoop, lift, climb stairs and ladders, work on roofs and in lifts, push-pull hand trucks, and discern colors
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• Vocational training in an applicable utility area is preferred
• Two years maintenance experience in applicable area (preferably industrial utilities)
• Experience with industrial dust collection systems is preferred
• Experience with pump systems and fluid systems are preferred.
• Experience with operation and preventative maintenance of diesel engines is preferred.
• Experienced using computerized maintenance management system software is preferred.
• Some knowledge of MS-Excel or MS office software is preferred.
• Travel between various buildings in and around Warsaw is required daily; therefore a valid, unencumbered, Indiana Operator license is required.
• Travel for periodic training may be required, not to exceed 5%
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader with a comprehensive portfolio designed to maximize mobility and improve health. We seamlessly transform the patient experience through our innovative products and suite of integrated digital and robotic technologies that leverage data, data analytics and artificial intelligence.
With 90+ years of trusted leadership and proven expertise, Zimmer Biomet is positioned to deliver the highest quality solutions to patients and providers. Our legacy continues to come to life today through our progressive culture of evolution and innovation.