FGB'ers gave this company a 4/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Zimmer Biomet rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Workplace flexibility with on-site, remote, or partial remote work assignments.
Global ERGs, including Women-Inspired Network, sponsored by executive leadership & focused on professional networking, growth, development
Family-friendly benefits and support for new parents including multiple paid leave options, adoption assistance and wellness programs
Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
Responsible for gathering relevant, factual information and data in order to solve quality related problems. Resolve issues by identifying and applying solutions from acquired technical experience and guided precedents. Plan and lead projects by identifying and organizing activities into time dependent sequencing with realistic timelines. Work effectively/ productively with all departments by developing a team atmosphere. Responsible for assuring products conform to established requirements and standards through appropriate audit, inspection, and test activities. Interacts with many different functional departments, suppliers, and experts outside Zimmer to implement Zimmer Quality goals.
Formulates procedures, specifications, and standards for Zimmer products and processes. Provides leadership for quality engineering projects from concept through design, implementation, testing, documentation, support, and maintenance. Develops and implements corrective/preventative action plans Collects and analyzes data for gauge and product evaluation. Identifies critical personnel, gauges, procedures, and materials needed for the completion of new products. Ensures that suppliers have necessary information and facilities to deliver quality products to Zimmer.
• Ability to work within a team environment and build relationships outside of the department as well as outside the company (suppliers, regulatory agencies, etc.).
• Facilitates team efforts on quality engineering projects.
• Ability to deliver, meet deadlines and have results orientation.
• Able to communicate both orally and in written form to multiple levels of the company.
• Microsoft Office Suite, expert knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, understanding of QSR/ISO regulations, design assurance, FMEA, and product testing methods, and are able to use optical comparators and CMMs. • Knowledge of statistics, process control, and process capability
• B.S. in engineering or an alternative Bachelor’s degree program with certification as a quality engineer (e.g. CQE).
• Certification as a quality engineer (e.g. CQE) or the Reliability Engineer Certification (CRE) granted through the American Society of Quality (ASQ) preferred
• Minimum 3 years experience in a Quality Engineering role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Combination of education and experience may be considered (in evaluating experience relative to requirements)
Up to 20%
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader with a comprehensive portfolio designed to maximize mobility and improve health. We seamlessly transform the patient experience through our innovative products and suite of integrated digital and robotic technologies that leverage data, data analytics and artificial intelligence.
With 90+ years of trusted leadership and proven expertise, Zimmer Biomet is positioned to deliver the highest quality solutions to patients and providers. Our legacy continues to come to life today through our progressive culture of evolution and innovation.