FGB'ers gave this company a 4/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Zimmer Biomet rated their manager’s support a 4.5/5
Workplace flexibility with on-site, remote, or partial remote work assignments.
Global ERGs, including Women-Inspired Network, sponsored by executive leadership & focused on professional networking, growth, development
Family-friendly benefits and support for new parents including multiple paid leave options, adoption assistance and wellness programs
As a Supply Chain Planner, he/she is part of the Central Planning team and will have supply chain responsibility for:
• Distribution planning between Node 1 Distribution centers (EMEA & US) for designated range of products
• Primarily responsible for driving sustainable improvements in the Service Levels of assigned business segments
• Project manage strategic initiatives for the central planning team
• Prioritization and Communication upstream and downstream into the supply chain
• Create a lean, agile and cost-efficient supply plan which meets the service requirements required for the business segments from internal and external customers as well as supports business opportunities.
• Collaborate and coordinates NPI projects for designated portfolio
• Key Point of Escalation for any service related issues pertaining to designated portfolio
• Identify and communicate risk related to NPI, transfers, discontinuation or base business
• Collaborate and communicate with Distribution, Procurement, Global Customer Service, Supply and Production Planning, and other internal & external stakeholders
• Support the implementation of Lean Supply Chain Tools and concepts Support for Operational Excellence assessments, and identify operational gaps within the Supply Chain
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the areas of Lean Supply Chain, Pull Replenishment, JIT and Batch Sizing, while providing on-site training to partner supplier associates.
• Be one point of contact for the region for your business as well as Operations and Supply Chain Leadership Team on all supply chain related matters.
• Perform project management activities, monitor and report progress against stated objectives and goals
• Has got a good knowledge of the product portfolio and regional markets (internal and external customer), requirements and is able to translate requirements from the business into supply chain and operational process requirements.
• Responsible for the alignment and coordination of all inbound supply and outbound distribution flows into the different MRP areas of the Node 1 DCs. Leads and coordinates cross-departmental supply chain performance improvement initiatives.
• Provides input for his/her business segments into the overall monthly and weekly Supply Chain Performance Reporting.
• Organizes and chairs a weekly Supply Chain Meeting by region with designated team members from Customer Service, Inventory Management and Supply Chain Coordination as well as Supply Planning, extended with business partners on a need by basis.
• Able to perform in depth supply chain analysis, identifying supply chain issues, determine root causes and initiate and lead short, mid and long term improvement projects focused on optimizing service next to driving cost optimization efforts.
• Initiate and standardize improvements and developments within the Supply process from an S&OP perspective. Identify and implement best-practices.
• Support Operational Excellence assessments, identify initial gaps and create specific supplier improvement action plans.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
• BSc/MSc level in Supply Chain/Business/Engineering.
• Supply Chain/Operations certification, like APICS CPIM/CSCP/ Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a pre.
• Experience with medical devices preferred
• Excellent and dynamic oral and written communications skills and proven ability to lead productive meetings. Including resolving differences in a positive manner;
• Comfortable to work in a cross-functional and matrix environment and effectively manage within diverse and global cultures;
• Able to leverage a vast network of contacts in different areas of expertise inside and outside of the company;
• ERP (SAP & JDE modules PP/MM) and APS (SAP-IBP) systems knowledge and experience with strong understanding of MRP/ERP fundamentals and processes;
• Excellent knowledge of MS applications;
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the business and operations
• Has extensive knowledge of Lean supply chain management tools and concepts.
• Demonstrated ownership of ability to lead multiple projects with broad scope and complexity. Working collaboratively, teaming, and effective workshop facilitation.
Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader with a comprehensive portfolio designed to maximize mobility and improve health. We seamlessly transform the patient experience through our innovative products and suite of integrated digital and robotic technologies that leverage data, data analytics and artificial intelligence.
With 90+ years of trusted leadership and proven expertise, Zimmer Biomet is positioned to deliver the highest quality solutions to patients and providers. Our legacy continues to come to life today through our progressive culture of evolution and innovation.