Backend Software Engineer- e-Commerce
Los Angeles County, CA
Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And were on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. Were endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve. Sound interesting?
Who we're looking for:
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will be working together with the rest of the e-commerce, payments, and support teams to build and maintain our customer experiences around our shop, maintaining subscriptions, and supporting customer's needs on Zwift. You will collaborate in cross-functional teams including teammates from our engineering, product, design, operations, and support disciplines. We are looking for someone comfortable in this highly collaborative environment, working with ambiguity, and being an agent of change to help build a world-class experience for our customers. The right person for this role seeks to cultivate a deep understanding of day-to-day e-commerce domain expertise and has a passion for staying on top of eCommerce trends and technologies.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, have 3+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms and overall Software Design
- Experience integrating with and developing for eCommerce platforms like BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento, or others. Including plug-in/extension development.
- Experience integrating with credit card processors and gateways like Braintree, Stripe, Chargify or similar.
- Experience integrating, analyzing, and debugging features related to product search, cart, checkout, product taxonomy, and content management.
- Experience with GIT and/or SVN
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Experience with REST API Design (JAX-RS is a plus)
- Experience with SOAP APIs
- Experience programming with JEE (JBoss/Wildfly is a plus)
- Experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting and tools like awk, sed, curl
- Experience with Relational Database Systems (PostgreSQL)
- Experience integrating with accounting systems (Sage Intacct, others)
- Experience integrating with fulfillment systems (Seko 3PL Central, others)
- Experience with test tools like JUnit, Arquillian, JMeter, Postman, etc.
- Experience with Distributed Cache implementations with Memcached or Redis
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3, ELB, SQS, Aurora, RDS, OpsWorks, Elasticache
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
- Enthusiasm for cycling and/or Zwift
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Top 5 Reasons We Think You'll Love It Here:
- Great Employee Fitness Program
- Amazing office location on the 18th floor with a killer view
- Full benefits package
- Awesome team of diverse individuals that love what they do
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.